Texas Fishing Forum

ultrex heading sensor location

Posted By: gwl2

ultrex heading sensor location - 11/11/17 06:08 PM

I am installing an ultrex as well as a bow 360. I am trying to figure out the proper locations for the ultrex heading sensor and the bow 360 gps puck. thanks
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: ultrex heading sensor location - 11/11/17 06:27 PM

I have my ultrex puck mounted right behind my front light bracket.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: ultrex heading sensor location - 11/11/17 06:34 PM

Ideally you should take a compass and put it all around and see if there is any interference around where you want to mount it. I put mine up front on the little tool holder so I did t have to screw it to the boat.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: ultrex heading sensor location - 11/12/17 01:03 AM

Anywhere on the boat is fine, as long as the surface is flat and the little arrow Parallels the keel of the boat.
Posted By: stringwise

Re: ultrex heading sensor location - 11/12/17 03:33 PM

I put mine on the top ring around the trolling motor pedal tray.

I promised myself I wouldn't put any holes in the new new boat so I always look for alternatives to screws anywhere in the fiberglass. That spot is perfect and doesn't interfere with the pedal at all.
Posted By: squib

Re: ultrex heading sensor location - 11/12/17 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: the skipper
Ideally you should take a compass and put it all around and see if there is any interference around where you want to mount it. I put mine up front on the little tool holder so I did t have to screw it to the boat.

This. I was shocked at the level of magnetic interference at the bow and by the driver’s console. Too many electrical wires it seems. Get a cheap compass and move around your boat to find the best spot. Mine was on the back deck, passenger side.
Posted By: TX Strampion

Re: ultrex heading sensor location - 11/12/17 11:38 PM

I added a dual mount for my depth finders at the console, which eliminated my ram mount. I mounted the heading sensor where the ram base was previously installed next to the console.

Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: ultrex heading sensor location - 11/12/17 11:52 PM

Nice rig!
Posted By: squib

Re: ultrex heading sensor location - 11/13/17 02:32 AM

That spot by my console had the worst magnetic interference of any place on my Ranger
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum