Texas Fishing Forum

Advice for fishing Monticello this weekend?

Posted By: TiminHTown

Advice for fishing Monticello this weekend? - 11/09/17 05:47 PM

I plan to try out Monticello this weekend, and I am hoping for some advice on where and when are the place or places on the lake and times of day to give it a go? Also any thoughts on baits would be great. Thanks to anybody that can help!!
Posted By: buda13

Re: Advice for fishing Monticello this weekend? - 11/09/17 08:03 PM

I was there 2 weeks ago, Black and blue jig on both bridges around the openings and first columns. Drop shot in the same areas will catch em. Also a square bill, t-rig, or dropshot fished on the creek channel edges and long points with timber. We did not get anything going in the pads, that may have changed in the last 2 weeks though. Good luck!
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Advice for fishing Monticello this weekend? - 11/09/17 08:56 PM

What Buda said is good advice for sure!

Re: Advice for fishing Monticello this weekend? - 11/09/17 10:19 PM

Thanks a bunch folks!
Posted By: Paparon

Re: Advice for fishing Monticello this weekend? - 11/09/17 11:16 PM

Went today. Best spot was at hot water outlet with C-Rig baby brush hog in June bug red or anything with purple color. Also caught some at the road bridge on small swim jig and crank bait in chartreuse shad color.

Re: Advice for fishing Monticello this weekend? - 11/10/17 03:55 AM

Thanks again guys. Any thoughts on time of day? Morning vs afternoon?
Posted By: TX Strampion

Re: Advice for fishing Monticello this weekend? - 11/10/17 04:07 AM

If you plan to fish the outlet, I recommend that you be sitting I your spot before first daylight.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Advice for fishing Monticello this weekend? - 11/10/17 04:15 AM

Once you go under the bridge headed towards the outlet, boater beware my friend. The stumps in that lake are plentiful and hard as concrete.. Best know how to navigate up that direction, south of the bridge not so much..FYI, if you like your equipment, use caution....
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Advice for fishing Monticello this weekend? - 11/10/17 04:58 PM

RIP Monti
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum