Texas Fishing Forum

Where to go?

Posted By: HaulinBass02

Where to go? - 11/05/17 11:52 PM

I haven’t been out since July due to starting the police academy and we have a slight lull in the studying action right now. One of my new buddies is from Minnesota and wants to go fishing. I’ve got the boat, he’s got the gas money so we are going to try and head out this weekend. Question is, where to go? I literally haven’t been paying attention to anything other than the books so I don’t need know what is hot and what is not right now? Are the lakes getting pretty cool and driving them deep or can I pretty much stay in some coves/creeks and still get them there?
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Where to go? - 11/06/17 02:20 AM

This is exactly what I would do. Pick a lake that has good creeks that run for miles into the big timber, with high banks. Big fish are back there as most lakes have not had a draw down and we have not had much rain to muddy up the system.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...17#Post12493337
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Where to go? - 11/06/17 03:08 AM

Been catching most of my fish main lake still on area lakes temps still 62-65 that could be changing though with this next cold front.
Posted By: HaulinBass02

Re: Where to go? - 11/09/17 01:51 AM

Wondering if the weather has cooled Squaw Creek off enough to be fishable? Thinking this front and rain might make things a little cooler on the other lakes driving the fish deeper....seems like they might be on the fringe of that now.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Where to go? - 11/09/17 02:27 AM

Squaw should be on like donkey dong. Get out there before it gets so pressured that people pull up to the ramp with lights on and can't figure out what to do next.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Where to go? - 11/09/17 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
Squaw should be on like donkey dong. Get out there before it gets so pressured that people pull up to the ramp with lights on and can't figure out what to do next.

roflmao
Posted By: Transplant

Re: Where to go? - 11/13/17 11:59 PM

ATHENS!!!!!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum