Texas Fishing Forum

Pickled Eggs

Posted By: PitchFork

Pickled Eggs - 10/10/16 02:26 AM

Anyone have a good pickled egg recipe?
Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: Pickled Eggs - 10/10/16 02:02 PM

We just use left over dill pickle juice and add pickled jalapeno or dried red peppers.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Pickled Eggs - 10/10/16 03:04 PM

google it. all kinds of recipes, hot, mild, sour or sweet. i like to do quail eggs, but the little devils are hard to peel.
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Pickled Eggs - 10/10/16 04:59 PM

Add baking soda to your boil water.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Pickled Eggs - 10/10/16 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Kattelyn
Add baking soda to your boil water.
thanks, i've done that. the problem with quail eggs is that the yolk is so close to the outer shell, it's super easy to tear into it while peeling. after about 100 or so, you start getting the hang of it. by the way, if you know someone that raises quail, they'll probably give you a mess of eggs. the things are scattered all over the pen.
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Pickled Eggs - 10/10/16 06:02 PM

I do, but they live down near Rockport so fat lot of good it does me.

I'd love to have a ton of quail eggs to play with. So much richer and creamer than chicken eggs.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Pickled Eggs - 10/10/16 10:51 PM

]
Originally Posted By: fmrmbmlm
We just use left over dill pickle juice and add pickled jalapeno or dried red peppers.

That's what I do. Just make sure it's a pckle you really like. I like using the jice from the "Farmer's Garden" line by Vlasic. The Zesty Garlic does really good pickled eggs. I usually toss in a few extra fresh peeled garlic cloves and a few whole pepper corns to feshen it up. I know, it's a lazy way to do it, but I haven't had any homemade that were any better.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum