Texas Fishing Forum

Oven baked asparagus.

Posted By: Kattelyn

Oven baked asparagus. - 03/30/16 02:01 PM

Did something last night that turned out extremely well.

1 bag frozen asparagus spears. Lay them out on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roll them around so they're well coated. Now add a little salt, pepper, and parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes. Right when they come out of the oven, squeeze a small lemon over them.

The tips were just crunchy and truly amazing. It was that simple. Didn't defrost the asparagus, it actually worked really well that they were still frozen solid. Exceptionally delicious. We ignored just about everything else for it.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Oven baked asparagus. - 03/30/16 02:11 PM

We do fresh asparagus that way often. They are good indeed. Have never tried frozen - didn't even know they sold it that way.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Oven baked asparagus. - 03/31/16 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By: fishslime
We do fresh asparagus that way often. They are good indeed. Have never tried frozen - didn't even know they sold it that way.

Ditto, Seems like frozen would take too long to cook.

My wife has added this to her menu recipe, Wal Mart has asparagus $1.78 per lb this week
Posted By: Ranger Z21

Re: Oven baked asparagus. - 03/31/16 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger
Originally Posted By: fishslime

Ditto, Seems like frozen would take too long to cook.

My wife has added this to her menu recipe, Wal Mart has asparagus $1.78 per lb this week

I just pick it from my garden. Been picking for a couple weeks already. It's about a month early this year due to the mild winter.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Oven baked asparagus. - 03/31/16 08:36 PM

wife uses fresh asparagus with olive oil or my choice of bacon grease with garlic salt and black pepper wrapped in aluminum foil"hobo" pack style and cooked on the grill high rack for 30 - 40 minutes medium heat. food peep
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Oven baked asparagus. - 04/10/16 02:07 AM

olive oil and Cajun seasoning...wow..
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Oven baked asparagus. - 04/12/16 08:59 PM

I do that on a cookie sheet outside on the weber, along with slabs of yellow squash and tomatoe slabs 1/2 inch thick with parmesan cheese spooned on thick.. Let the cheese get light brown and you got sump'n.. Of course you slatther a olive oil salt pepper garlic mix on first cheers
Posted By: fishingal23

Re: Oven baked asparagus. - 04/13/16 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Kattelyn
Did something last night that turned out extremely well.

1 bag frozen asparagus spears. Lay them out on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roll them around so they're well coated. Now add a little salt, pepper, and parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes. Right when they come out of the oven, squeeze a small lemon over them.

The tips were just crunchy and truly amazing. It was that simple. Didn't defrost the asparagus, it actually worked really well that they were still frozen solid. Exceptionally delicious. We ignored just about everything else for it.

I love asparagus! We kinda do the same thing but we do that when we are grilling out. Do all the same just put it in foil. I'll have to do the oven way.
Posted By: M Squared

Re: Oven baked asparagus. - 04/14/16 10:24 PM

Grab about 3 asparagus... spread some onion and chive cream cheese on a piece of prosciutto and wrap around the asparagus and bake or grill.
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Oven baked asparagus. - 04/14/16 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: M Squared
Grab about 3 asparagus... spread some onion and chive cream cheese on a piece of prosciutto and wrap around the asparagus and bake or grill.

That sounds evil. You're a mean man. Now I've got to try it!
Posted By: M Squared

Re: Oven baked asparagus. - 04/16/16 02:15 AM

kattelyn you have provided so many great recipes I hope you enjoy. Keep in mind that less is better on this recipe. Pencil sized asparagus...thin layer of cream cheese applied to prosciutto and hot oven 425 to 450 for about 15 minutes...followed up with one of your pies
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Oven baked asparagus. - 05/07/16 08:52 PM

I like to saute them in butter with a sprinkle of Cavendars greek seasoning and quite a bit of finely minced garlic. Take them out before they get too soft. Yumms!!! food
Posted By: Cast

Re: Oven baked asparagus. - 05/07/16 08:59 PM

Put them on grill. Roll around until you get good grill marks. Remove. Eat.
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Oven baked asparagus. - 05/09/16 07:24 PM

I took some asparagus with the olive oil, salt, pepper and Garlic and Herb seasoning this weekend. Stuck it in my digital smoker on 150 with just a chip or two of Apple wood for a little smoke. Pulled them out after about an hour. WOW!
I also stuck some angus beef wieners in there to have for the roofing crew that was putting on my new roof when they finished. The wife says we are not having hot dogs any other way from now on unless I want to add wraping them in bacon. They had a great flavor too. I am learning how to step back a little on the smoke and I am finding the flavors to be even better with a little less smoke than I am used to using.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum