Texas Fishing Forum

Tablitas

Posted By: David Welcher

Tablitas - 12/23/15 02:41 PM

Anyone here tried Tablitas?
I just got back from the Deer Lease and the boss brought some out and they were simply awesome. Anyone know where in Fort Worth they have a good meet market to get them at?
Posted By: Luke57

Re: Tablitas - 12/23/15 02:49 PM

Most of your Mexican meat markets carry them there is a good one in River oaks on river oaks Blvd next to chuys
Posted By: trlrman

Re: Tablitas - 12/23/15 02:51 PM

Fiesta sometimes labeled spare ribs, also know as flanken ribs
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Tablitas - 12/23/15 04:04 PM

I bet you can get them at Super Mercado La Mision there on Main St. in Weatherford.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Tablitas - 12/23/15 10:00 PM

La michuacon markets have them.
Posted By: trlrman

Re: Tablitas - 01/20/16 12:46 AM

Where Kroger used to be then save-a lot now a independent grocery store has them bought 5 packs for 25.00 this weekend ! across from the new Aldi on south main. Labeled flanken steaks
Posted By: Near Nuthin'

Re: Tablitas - 01/21/16 07:28 PM

I buy the seasoned Tablitas at La Michoacana on Hemphill St. in Ft. Worth - they are excellent.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Tablitas - 01/22/16 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Near Nuthin'
I buy the seasoned Tablitas at La Michoacana on Hemphill St. in Ft. Worth - they are excellent.

Be sure to stop by juanitos or Benito's for some great tacos while you're there. Panaderia le fe has great burritos too.
Posted By: ou.sooner

Re: Tablitas - 01/28/16 03:06 PM

I can eat my weight in tablitas (might be a bit of a stretch). Any of your Mexican markets will sell them marinaded and ready to cook. Just toss them on the grill.
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Tablitas - 01/28/16 04:27 PM

Now I'm hungry for tablitas. This weekend should be nice. I might need to stop by a carniceria and get some for this weekend.
Posted By: DJB

Re: Tablitas - 01/28/16 04:40 PM

Anyone have a good seasoning or marinade they would share?
Posted By: elbandito78

Re: Tablitas - 01/31/16 12:51 AM

I have a recipe that's pretty close to some of the better tablita marinades I've tried. I don't know the exact measurements I use (I eyeball it), but here goes...

1 can of Dole pineapple juice (the small ones meant for one person, that come in a 6pk)
3 Tbl fajita seasoning
1.5 Tbl paprika
salt to taste

Put in a bag and mix. Add meat and let sit for however long you want. I usually do overnight. I'll also add onion, garlic or cilantro to the bag if I have some spare.

Note: The fajita seasoning I use is the Fiesta (brand not store). It doesn't contain salt so I have to add that. Some brands are red and have paprika already added, so leave it out if so. Also, some have salt so watch it.

If you try this, let me know.
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Tablitas - 02/02/16 03:09 AM

[video:youtube]http://www.dallasnews.com/lifestyle...0130522-how-to-buy-and-cook-tablitas.ece[/video]
Posted By: swarner

Re: Tablitas - 02/24/16 02:58 AM

Have some good ones in Bridgeport!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum