Texas Fishing Forum

Atomic Buffalo Turds

Posted By: river-rat

Atomic Buffalo Turds - 05/25/15 06:19 PM

Mix cream cheese and shredded cheese, fill in tha hollow part of the pepper. Add a little smokey. Wrap with bacon. Put on the grill till bacon is done.

These are simple and the taste great

Enjoy
Posted By: K.G

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 05/25/15 10:09 PM

Look's tasty, gonna give it a go.thumb
Posted By: coolpix9

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 05/25/15 10:14 PM

I had to read the title twice. When you mentioned Buffalo Turds, I thought my wife had started cooking again. We had to get a restraining order on her kitchen actions.
After I get through building this ark, I am going to try some of these. I sure hate paying $8 for 3 or 4 of them at a restaurant. JP
Posted By: Jay In Somerville

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 06/03/15 02:08 AM

I do the same thing, but i just put cream cheese inside the pepper and instead of the lil smokie, i use a big piece of shrimp..
Posted By: McCloud

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 06/04/15 09:34 PM

You can also add fried/drained Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage to the cream cheese mixture for the filling!
Posted By: Cmack

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 06/24/15 07:36 PM

I got an entirely different spin on ABT. I take a roll of Jimmy Dean hot sausage. I roll it out as thin as possible and lay strips of mild cheddar down, followed by strips of fresh jalapeno` peppers and occasionally I'll add some cream cheese too. Then I roll it into a log and cook on my stick burner with post oak or hickory at about 275 until done. We let them cool a bit and slice across the roll and it looks like sushi rolls.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 06/25/15 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Cmack
I got an entirely different spin on ABT. I take a roll of Jimmy Dean hot sausage. I roll it out as thin as possible and lay strips of mild cheddar down, followed by strips of fresh jalapeno` peppers and occasionally I'll add some cream cheese too. Then I roll it into a log and cook on my stick burner with post oak or hickory at about 275 until done. We let them cool a bit and slice across the roll and it looks like sushi rolls.
sounds good!
Posted By: txmark1959

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 06/26/15 01:04 PM

Looks awesome
Posted By: Don G

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 06/26/15 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Cmack

In BBQ Circles that is known as a fatty and plenty dang delicious.
Posted By: SamCollins123

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 08/22/15 06:33 PM

Love the name lol
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 09/17/15 01:54 PM

thumb
Posted By: lukedawg40

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 09/21/15 11:38 PM

Gonna try that soon
Posted By: BAIT956

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 10/11/15 06:16 PM

Got a tray full on the smoker as I type this. Used cream cheese, some with chicken, some with shrimp and some with sausage, all wrapped in bacon. Sipping bourbon while I wait. Should be done about the time the Cowboys game starts. Woo Hoo!
Doing some salmon at the same time. Later, ham and pineapple on the smoker.
Posted By: swarner

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 02/24/16 03:20 AM

Always good
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 03/02/16 09:48 PM

As a twist, we coat them with Head Country for about the last 15 minutes. Dang skippy they are tasty.
Posted By: Space

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 03/24/16 01:53 PM

I wrap mine with thin slice Pheasant but I use mexican white cheese. I will try it your way.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 03/24/16 02:43 PM

Mama found a SS rack that holds 18 japs standing up. It came with a gadget looking kinda like an apple corer that hollows out the chili perfectly and quickly. We like these any and all ways we have had them, but hands down best stuff we came up with was cream cheese, shredded sharp cheddar, lump crab meat, and coarse ground horseradish. Wrapped in bacon of course. This stuffing is also great for stuffing a chicken breast.

Y'all should try this...

Posted By: JimmyA

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 03/26/16 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Cast
Mama found a SS rack that holds 18 japs standing up. It came with a gadget looking kinda like an apple corer that hollows out the chili perfectly and quickly. We like these any and all ways we have had them, but hands down best stuff we came up with was cream cheese, shredded sharp cheddar, lump crab meat, and coarse ground horseradish. Wrapped in bacon of course. This stuffing is also great for stuffing a chicken breast.

Y'all should try this...

That guy in the pic, was a "GREAT" chef!
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Atomic Buffalo Turds - 03/26/16 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: JimmyA
Originally Posted By: Cast

Y'all should try this...

That guy in the pic, was a "GREAT" chef!

Yes Sir!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum