1 c (softened) butter (DO NOT MELT!)
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

While that's mixing, add...
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

When that's well mixed, add in 2 1/4 c all purpose flour just 1/4 to 1/2 c at a time.

At the very end, add in 1 12 oz package semi sweet chocolate chips and (optionally) 1 cup pecans.

Now here is where I divide the recipe up into thirds. When the dough is fresh and warm from working, bake tablespoon sized pieces at 375 for 9 minutes. But this keeps marvelously in the fridge for a week or more. When its cold, bake it for 11 - 12 minutes.

Hands down best chocolate chip cookies ever.
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Chocolate chip pecan cookies. - 10/22/13 01:11 AM

Sounds awesome. I would want some of them warm with vanilla ice cream on top.
Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

Re: Chocolate chip pecan cookies. - 11/10/13 03:37 PM

Made these Friday. Very good. Used finely ground pecans but I think next tine I'll use just plain chopped.
Posted By: Fishin' Freak

Re: Chocolate chip pecan cookies. - 11/13/13 03:19 AM

Yum !
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Chocolate chip pecan cookies. - 11/25/13 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Kattelyn
Cream together
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

When that's well mixed, add in 2 1/4 c all purpose flour just 1/4 to 1/2 c at a time.

At the very end, add in 1 12 oz package semi sweet chocolate chips and (optionally) 1 cup pecans.

Now here is where I divide the recipe up into thirds. When the dough is fresh and warm from working, bake tablespoon sized pieces at 375 for 9 minutes. But this keeps marvelously in the fridge for a week or more. When its cold, bake it for 11 - 12 minutes.

Tweak your recipe as follows and then get back to me.

1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg and 1 egg yolk

Add the salt and baking powder to the flour and then add to the sugar mixture. When cosistent add 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips or 1 c. CC and 1/2 c. Pecans. Stir in with spoon.

Roll into golf ball size portions and tear apart. Put back together with rough edge facing up before placing on cookie sheet.

Bake at 325 for 8 minutes on top rack then move to bottom rack for 7 minutes. I usually have two cookie sheets going and just switch racks with them.

This is where I got my recipe and they really are THICK and CHEWY! http://heatherhomemade.com/2012/07/thick-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Chocolate chip pecan cookies. - 04/06/16 12:00 AM

Bump. Making this tonight.
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Chocolate chip pecan cookies. - 04/06/16 02:33 AM

Tease us Kat!
wopics
Posted By: mharper1

Re: Chocolate chip pecan cookies. - 05/12/16 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Kattelyn
Cream together
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

I add in some coconut, also. The best cookies I ever had...skipped school my senior year and went to lake with my friends. One of the girls brought some chocolate chip cookies with pecans and coconut. They were warm from the sun and smelled like tropical suntan lotion because of the coconut. Great memory of that day...tanning (in the days before we worried about skin cancer), hanging out with friends and the smell of those home baked cookies. cool
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum