Texas Fishing Forum

Can Cooker

Posted By: H2O Seeker

Can Cooker - 05/13/18 01:46 PM

Anyone have this item? Likes/dislikes? Functional? What say you?? juggle
Posted By: taterpop

Re: Can Cooker - 05/19/18 03:45 AM

I bought a Rocket Roaster and I love it,all that I've cooked on it was butt roast ribs and chicken.But all you do is put whatever in and add charcoal around the bottom and on top about two hours and your done. No turning no adding wood it's done when the time is up.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Can Cooker - 05/19/18 02:30 PM

Its just a Dutch oven. Reinventing the wheel...

Re: Can Cooker - 05/24/18 11:39 AM

Thank you for the feedback. I like the package they have on sale now that is the burner, can, recipe book and a few other accessories. As I understand it the can may be used on any heat source so could be an alternative for a home cooked meal. Of course I could do the same in the crock pot...
Posted By: Cast

Re: Can Cooker - 05/24/18 02:29 PM

No you actually can’t. In the Dutch oven/can cooker, you have even heat, top, bottom and sides. It’s an oven not a covered stew pot like a crock pot.

Re: Can Cooker - 05/25/18 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
No you actually can’t. In the Dutch oven/can cooker, you have even heat, top, bottom and sides. It’s an oven not a covered stew pot like a crock pot.

Got it and thank you. That is helpful. Much easier to take a can cooker or dutch oven for camping or day trips where we don't want to eat out.
Posted By: Lee P

Re: Can Cooker - 06/20/18 01:14 AM

I have two friends that have them and swear by them. I had never heard of them till recently.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum