Texas Fishing Forum

Air fryer

Posted By: Willie G

Air fryer - 02/01/18 05:06 PM

Anyone use an air fryer? what are the best recipes for the air fryer?
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Air fryer - 02/01/18 05:35 PM

frozen food.
Posted By: 96speed

Re: Air fryer - 02/01/18 07:16 PM

Wife bought us one recently. We have a Phillips model (not the digital one).

We really like it so far. A few thoughts:

Frozen food = super easy and comes out well. Just dump some frozen fries or wings in and 20-30 minutes later they are crispy. We've done fries as well as boneless wings (some Tyson junk) and they were pretty good.

Real food:

Baked Potato - Same as baking in the oven but takes 45 minutes. No preheating.
Wings - clean them, pat dry, toss with flour lightly OR leave naked, then drop in for 30 minutes or so. Toss in your favorite sauce.
Fries - Cut up your potato, soak it in water for at least 30 minutes, then season it when Tony Chachere's or whatever you want + a little olive oil. 20-30 minutes and they are crispy.

The food doesn't taste the same as deep fried stuff, but its pretty good. If you think most fried food is really good, the air fryer stuff comes out "pretty good." There is a Phillips air fryer app but it hasn't been all that great, IMO. I have better luck with recipe I find online. We have only had it for a couple of weeks so there is more experimenting to do.

Obviously, its a little healthier than deep frying, but the biggest pro to me is that its easy and doesn't make a huge mess. Both the wings and fries were cooked in the airfryer:

Posted By: smooth move

Re: Air fryer - 02/01/18 09:16 PM

Hummm----
Posted By: crapyetr

Re: Air fryer - 02/01/18 09:35 PM

we're on our 3rd one...we've upgraded to Paula Deen XXL...we cook pertnere everything in it...biscuits, homemade bread toast, crappie, chicken fried steak...wife got a recipe book Meredith Laurence - Air Fry Everything...Paula Deen has a good one also...
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Air fryer - 02/02/18 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: 96speed
Baked Potato - Same as baking in the oven but takes 45 minutes. No preheating.

FYI

Take a potato and wash it and put it inside a plastic grocery sack and then put that inside another plastic grocery sack. Put it in microwave like 5 minutes and it's baked.
Posted By: ZX225(Radio)

Re: Air fryer - 02/02/18 01:13 PM

Best Thing ever!!!!
Posted By: dan805

Re: Air fryer - 02/27/18 12:57 AM

i used air fryer to toast up some frozen pork egg rolls. surprisingly delicious. . have done it 3 times now, delicious and no oil
Posted By: river-rat

Re: Air fryer - 03/03/18 02:40 AM

I have the Phillips version and love it. 96speed is dead on
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Air fryer - 03/12/18 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: crapyetr
we're on our 3rd one...we've upgraded to Paula Deen XXL...we cook pertnere everything in it...biscuits, homemade bread toast, crappie, chicken fried steak...wife got a recipe book Meredith Laurence - Air Fry Everything...Paula Deen has a good one also...

How was the taste and texture of the crappie compared to oil / deep fried?
Posted By: Trebor Neil

Re: Air fryer - 03/13/18 02:42 PM

Wife just got the "Oven" type

Love the other one

With the Induction plate the glass electric very rarely gets used, and she loves that (No cleaning)
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Air fryer - 03/14/18 06:50 PM

How in the wide-wide world of sports does this work?
Posted By: Anejo

Re: Air fryer - 04/20/18 04:00 PM

I'm trying to convince myself to buy an air fryer. My dilemma is that the only thing I fry is fish, usually striper or white bass. I'm having difficulty thinking a $250 appliance is worth the cost just for fish.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Air fryer - 04/20/18 04:58 PM

we bought the $79 model at walmart. after a week I'm convinced it's one of my best purchases ever.
Posted By: crapyetr

Re: Air fryer - 04/20/18 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Anejo
I'm trying to convince myself to buy an air fryer. My dilemma is that the only thing I fry is fish, usually striper or white bass. I'm having difficulty thinking a $250 appliance is worth the cost just for fish.

don't...my wife has cooked crapy in it and it's ok, but nothin' beats good greasey fish...
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Air fryer - 04/20/18 06:42 PM

www.alibaba.com/showroom/air-fryer This was a site I just looked at but I can't pull it up using this URL. 99% of this Stuff is made in China,Taiwan,etc. After reading a lot of reviews, this is not for me. Over priced, cheap parts (cracking due to heat)and more. Might as well use your MicroWave.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum