Texas Fishing Forum

Panko chicken or fish.

Posted By: TroyKing

Panko chicken or fish. - 01/05/18 02:31 PM

I've got some special company coming for dinner next week and I am wanting to do something kinda Italian...I've never used panko before so I don't know how it cooks...my thoughts are to try some type of parmesan panko crusted chicken breast cutlets as well as crappie fillets... probably with a dressed up Alfredo sauce topping....and garlic sauteed green beans or asparagus....y'all got any input on the panko or other sides?
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Panko chicken or fish. - 01/05/18 03:03 PM

I use it in place of bread crumbs. It gives a slightly crunchier coating without a whole lot of flavor. Sometimes bread crumbs or exceptionally thick breading can overwhelm more delicately flavored items. If you want to go that direction, I would have the cutlets pounded thin and add powdered garlic, a hint of rosemary, and lemon. You're going for crispy here. Might even have lemon slices to the side for people to squeeze over the chicken.

Here's your alfredo sauce:
4 cups heavy cream. Reduce by 1/3rd.
Add 1/2 cup parmesan
spoonful of blue cheese
dash of nutmeg.

It's a very thick alfredo sauce and can break but is the best that I've ever had.

Asparagus I'd roast in the oven with lemon, garlic butter and a little parmesan over the top.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Panko chicken or fish. - 01/05/18 07:46 PM

Thanks Kate
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum