Texas Fishing Forum

22' Bay Boat suggestions

Posted By: Rodney S

22' Bay Boat suggestions - 09/14/17 06:29 PM

Plan on getting a new 22' Bay boat first of next year. looking at Pathfinder, Blue Wave and Ranger.(so far) Have heard some negatives on the Ranger. Don't think I can afford the Pathfinder. any suggestions and opinions would be appreciated.
Posted By: CADD

Re: 22' Bay Boat suggestions - 09/14/17 06:49 PM

Might look at a used Pathfinder or other "high end" bay boats.

On a side note, I can't believe the prices of them these days... Unreal what I have and cost 22 grand is now 60+
easy, if you put in inflation number they have gone up about 11% a year... Yes better boats now but damn...
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: 22' Bay Boat suggestions - 09/14/17 10:50 PM

Transport Haynie. Gulf coast are all tough hulls proven to last.
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: 22' Bay Boat suggestions - 09/14/17 10:58 PM

We just took possession of a Robalo R180. Not a bay boat, but their bay boats look really good and very well made with a lot of detail towards fit and finish. They are heavy boats and not speed demons, so if you're a recovering bass fisherman, you may not like it.
I've been in the marine industry for 20 years and have been all over this boat. I didn't see anything I don't like, JMHO.
Posted By: gfrank

Re: 22' Bay Boat suggestions - 09/15/17 01:44 AM

I have been researching the same thing. I will be watching for others comments/opinions as well. My goal is a boat to fish fresh and salt. I have primarily looked at the Pathfinder 2200, Blue Wave Purebay 2200, Nautic Star 2200 Sport and Skeeter SX2250. If I purchased today, it would be the Skeeter. I must say I would be happy with any of them. However, I really cannot find anything about the Skeeter I do not like. From the prices I have seen (2017 Houston Boat Show in January and June), the most expensive is the Pathfinder. The Blue Wave would be second. Skeeter would be next. The Nautic Star is least expensive.

Pat Goff mentions the Haynie and Gulf Coast. Those are what I think of when I think bay boat. That type of boat is just not what I am looking for.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: 22' Bay Boat suggestions - 09/15/17 12:57 PM

Whatever you choose if you are going to use it in the bay, make dang sure it's rigged by a saltwater rigger.
Bass boat guys just don't get the 3X effort needed.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum