Texas Fishing Forum

What is the "Water" Gauge for?

Posted By: DCmac

What is the "Water" Gauge for? - 09/11/17 07:57 PM

2011 Tracker Targa. One of the dashboard gauges is labeled "WATER". It is not a temperature gauge. What is it for? What does it measure/gauge? I haven't noticed that the needle has ever moved on it, stays down at the zero tic mark.
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: What is the "Water" Gauge for? - 09/11/17 10:03 PM

Motor's water pressure?
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: What is the "Water" Gauge for? - 09/11/17 10:14 PM

Is the motor "peeing" (is there water coming out of the back)? When was the impeller last changed?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: What is the "Water" Gauge for? - 09/11/17 11:11 PM

It should move according to speed as it measures water pressure. It is an important gauge to help monitor the cooling system.
Posted By: lakeman

Re: What is the "Water" Gauge for? - 09/12/17 03:52 AM

Make sure the little hose is on the gauge, Next time out feel up behind the gauge and see if water is coming out, happens often,
Posted By: DCmac

Re: What is the "Water" Gauge for? - 09/12/17 03:03 PM

Thanks! Yes, motor pees real good. New impeller in May, replace it every other year whether it needs it or not. Will try to follow connections for it but all the wires & tubes are underneath the gunwales so can only see/feel about 1/3 of them without pulling them all them way thru.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: What is the "Water" Gauge for? - 09/14/17 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: lakeman
Make sure the little hose is on the gauge, Next time out feel up behind the gauge and see if water is coming out, happens often,
if the tube is not on the gauge you should have water spraying out and dripping on your leg. That is unless it is off at the motor too. I had a gauge go bad on my Ranger but it was probably pushing 25 years old.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum