Texas Fishing Forum

Broken Slidemaster. Need replacement Jackplate

Posted By: shotgunwilly

Broken Slidemaster. Need replacement Jackplate - 08/12/17 01:19 AM

I was trying to raise my jackplate for the second time ever... sheared the damn adjustment bolt off with a 3/4" drive ratchet!

What do I do now? I'm thinking I'm ok to run for now since the two sandwhich plates hold the jackplate.

Anyone have any recommendations for a replacement jackplate and a shop around Houston? What's this going to run me for the plate and labor to mount?

It's the factory plate on a 2004 ZX225. 12" setback i believe, and has a wedge on the back.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Broken Slidemaster. Need replacement Jackplate - 08/12/17 01:55 AM

This man can get you a good jackplate.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...r_#Post12380449
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Broken Slidemaster. Need replacement Jackplate - 08/12/17 12:27 PM

Hydro Dynamics makes the best manual. Bob's Hydraulics gets a lot of good press. Steve is also building one now, but I havn't heard anything about it. I would assume it is of the same quality as his manual version. Keep in mind any manual is going to be a PITA if you operate it a lot on the water.

Re: Broken Slidemaster. Need replacement Jackplate - 08/12/17 01:51 PM

I found a new slide master taken off of a ranger. It's the same setback but it's black. Is it going to be an exact match to the one I have now? All mounting holes the same?
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Broken Slidemaster. Need replacement Jackplate - 08/13/17 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: shotgunwilly
I found a new slide master taken off of a ranger. It's the same setback but it's black. Is it going to be an exact match to the one I have now? All mounting holes the same?

Mounting holes should be BIA spec. So yes it will line up with your existing jack plate holes.
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Broken Slidemaster. Need replacement Jackplate - 08/13/17 02:24 PM

Should be exact same hole patterns . Boat side & motor side.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Broken Slidemaster. Need replacement Jackplate - 08/14/17 10:14 AM

How did you break the adjustment bolt? Mine is a 3/4" SS. I spray some lubricant on it occasionally. I also took the 4 side bolts out and put some anti seize on them.
Posted By: steve@S2Marine

Re: Broken Slidemaster. Need replacement Jackplate - 08/14/17 12:42 PM

just make sure that used slidemaster is made with 1/2" thick metal.

let me know if i can help you with anything.

Re: Broken Slidemaster. Need replacement Jackplate - 08/14/17 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Stump jumper
How did you break the adjustment bolt? Mine is a 3/4" SS. I spray some lubricant on it occasionally. I also took the 4 side bolts out and put some anti seize on them.

I'm guessing mine was 3/4" SS too.... I kept spraying PB blaster on every part where the bolt meets the plate... it was just seized up solid and I kept trying to get it to budge and it finally just sheared on me.

Thanks for the answers guys.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum