Texas Fishing Forum

Prop Help and Answers!

Posted By: Gneimeth

Prop Help and Answers! - 07/19/17 08:14 PM

First of all "props" to Pat Goff for the great advice and pointing me in the right direction to start getting educated on finding the right prop set up for my CC boat. I wanted to share a couple points that hopefully will help others:

- Power Tech is what Pat and others highly recommended so I called them directly and not only got the recommendation for my set up but they told me about their program where if you buy from an authorized dealer and you don't mess up the prop you have 30 days to return and swap it out if it's not the right set-up.
- In my mind this is a game changer since I found that some of the prop guys in TX will charge you $200 more for this service when it's actually a part of the companies program not the dealer. Yes you may get better direct support but I was able to get all the support / recommendations/ask questions for free smile
- I found a local dealer here in Austin and the price was as good or better than what I found online and I get to drive over and pick it up. This dealer is also a top dealer for them so a "Win-Win" for me!

Overall I hope this helps others on some decision points - G.

Re: Prop Help and Answers! - 07/19/17 08:16 PM

BTW - PT recommended their PFS 4-blade in a 14.5 X 15 (from a Viper 3 blade 19 pitch).
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Prop Help and Answers! - 07/20/17 02:27 AM

I do think you'll be impressed.

Re: Prop Help and Answers! - 07/20/17 12:34 PM

Thanks Pat - will share how the ride goes once I get the new prop.

G.
Posted By: steve@S2Marine

Re: Prop Help and Answers! - 07/20/17 12:37 PM

was that nettles props in austin?
ole JT is a good feller.

power tech is a great company. your gonna love their prop.

and btw.. nice to have some like Pat on here too.. a man with a "punched clue ticket" smile
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Prop Help and Answers! - 07/20/17 01:57 PM

I am in the same position. I currently run a 15-1/4 x 19 Michigan Wheel Apollo on a 22 Bay Champ with a 200 Optimax. I think the boat can do better on top end. I tried my 23 Tempest Plus but it was too much prop for boat. Top end was same but hop shot suffered. Turning just over 5000 with Apollo. Never been a fan of Michigan's. For some reason I just always thought they were average props at best.

Re: Prop Help and Answers! - 07/20/17 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: steve@hydrodynamics
was that nettles props in austin?
ole JT is a good feller.

power tech is a great company. your gonna love their prop.

and btw.. nice to have some like Pat on here too.. a man with a "punched clue ticket" smile

Yes Sir - Nettles is the place.

Yeah I've been off and on this site for years and Pat is a trusted source in my book!

Re: Prop Help and Answers! - 07/20/17 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Stump jumper
I am in the same position. I currently run a 15-1/4 x 19 Michigan Wheel Apollo on a 22 Bay Champ with a 200 Optimax. I think the boat can do better on top end. I tried my 23 Tempest Plus but it was too much prop for boat. Top end was same but hop shot suffered. Turning just over 5000 with Apollo. Never been a fan of Michigan's. For some reason I just always thought they were average props at best.

I'd recommend talking through this with power tech. I think they will get you close.

Re: Prop Help and Answers! - 07/20/17 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Gneimeth
Originally Posted By: Stump jumper

I'd recommend talking through this with power tech. I think they will get you close.
I entered my info on their website. I will be curious to see what they come back with. I have already spent a little more on boat to set it up the way I want it so I am no real hurry to re-prop it

Re: Prop Help and Answers! - 07/21/17 02:42 AM

Power Tech recommended a 15-1/4x18 PFS3. Thinking about just having Josh work my Apollo. Maybe drop it down to an 18 and add some cup. I need some more RPMs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum