Texas Fishing Forum

Seat base post size on Champions?

Posted By: Stump jumper

Seat base post size on Champions? - 07/05/17 10:23 AM

Specifically a Champ bay. I am reasonably sure base is 1.77 but worn post from Ranger is very tight. I am only aware of 3 or 4 sizes. 3/4" pin, 1.77, 2" and believe there is also 2-3/8". Just wondering if maybe after never being used for 10 if the plastic has swelled.
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Seat base post size on Champions? - 07/05/17 11:58 AM

Plastic swelled.
Posted By: ringer

Re: Seat base post size on Champions? - 07/05/17 01:25 PM

The champions were 1.75" and they are all a pain to get in and out unless you use a small drill sander to bore out the hole. I bought the Attwood hard inserts to take it down to a 3/4" pin base and bought new bases. The Attwood insert will go in if you grease it up with WD40 and use a deadblow hammer. That is the only fix I know to do it so you don't have to worry about the bases coming out.

Re: Seat base post size on Champions? - 07/05/17 01:46 PM

Thanks, I have had similar issues with Ranger. I am either going to sand/grind down post or plastic in the base. I need to be able to easily remove them. Never greased the ones in my Ranger but did spray well with silicone before reinserting.

Re: Seat base post size on Champions? - 07/05/17 01:48 PM

Thanks, I have had similar issues with Ranger. I am either going to sand/grind down post or plastic in the base. I need to be able to easily remove them. Never greased the ones in my Ranger but did spray well with silicone before reinserting.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum