Texas Fishing Forum

Where is the cheapest source for new outboard to repower my boat

Posted By: McKinneyMike

Where is the cheapest source for new outboard to repower my boat - 06/17/17 02:12 PM

Considering repowering my boat. What are good sources with best pricing?
Posted By: Rick Collis

Re: Where is the cheapest source for new outboard to repower my boat - 06/17/17 03:40 PM

http://jacosmarine.com/
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Where is the cheapest source for new outboard to repower my boat - 06/17/17 04:07 PM

Check with Jet-A-Marine. They have some good deal every once in a while... Dan

http://www.jetamarina.com/s/search/inventory/type/Outboard%20Motors/sort/best-match
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Where is the cheapest source for new outboard to repower my boat - 06/18/17 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Rick Collis

This shows to be TN, not TX, that's a long way to go buy a motor, plus you will have to
get an out of state tax form for TPWL
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Where is the cheapest source for new outboard to repower my boat - 06/18/17 03:11 PM

Price is not everything.

How about service AFTER the sale? You stand a much better chance of getting something worked on quicker if the dealer sold you the motor.
Posted By: Rick Collis

Re: Where is the cheapest source for new outboard to repower my boat - 06/18/17 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

This shows to be TN, not TX, that's a long way to go buy a motor, plus you will have to

Jacos will ship without sales tax. You pay sales tax when you register and title it in Texas. They will not ship to an individual, only to an Authorized Mercury dealer for installation. Been there and done that.
Posted By: Jim A.

Re: Where is the cheapest source for new outboard to repower my boat - 06/18/17 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Jacos will ship without sales tax. You pay sales tax when you register and title it in Texas. They will not ship to an individual, only to an Authorized Mercury dealer for installation. Been there and done that.

yes, this is true, I did this also.
Posted By: Bulletman99

Re: Where is the cheapest source for new outboard to repower my boat - 06/19/17 04:41 PM

Jacos without a doubt the cheapest you'll find
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum