Texas Fishing Forum

Rub Rail Sealing?

Posted By: Fisherdad58

Rub Rail Sealing? - 03/20/17 10:37 AM

Do you pull everything on the rub rail to reseal or just strip off the old and reseal around it? I've already noticed a couple of spots with water seeping out when wiping down and had to patch it.
Posted By: bestboatshine

Re: Rub Rail Sealing? - 03/20/17 12:21 PM

Rub rail is something if you have leaks in I would replace whole thing and check boat out real good for soft spots.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Rub Rail Sealing? - 03/21/17 12:36 AM

just clean off the old and reseal.

I use the permatex black silicone high heat gasket maker, do it right and the rub rail looks like a part of the cap
Posted By: Fisherdad58

Re: Rub Rail Sealing? - 03/21/17 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: hopalong
just clean off the old and reseal.

I use the permatex black silicone high heat gasket maker, do it right and the rub rail looks like a part of the cap

It's not letting any water inside anywhere that I can tell. There may have been a couple spots between the back rub rail and the transom top cap, under the cover between the two, but I already fixed that.
I don't know about that black permatex. I can see me making a real ness on my white boat with that stuff. Permatex is good stuff though.

Telephone Huh? Well howdy neighbor. The folks live in the suburbs of Allens Chapel. I don't get up there nearly often enough though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum