Texas Fishing Forum

Evinrude problem no help in sight

Posted By: Average Bro

Evinrude problem no help in sight - 03/01/17 02:07 AM

I have a bastard (not my opinion but it's treated as such) 03 evinrude bomb ficht I'm having issues with and no one will even look at it...someone please tell me they know a shop somewhere in central Texas that will look at it. There has to be someone out there with some knowledge that works on these but I'm having no luck finding one...
Posted By: Chris G. Davis

Re: Evinrude problem no help in sight - 03/01/17 04:34 AM

What's the symptoms?

Re: Evinrude problem no help in sight - 03/01/17 02:05 PM

Idles poorly intermittently in general probably 50 percent of the time after warmed up and if it acting up when you shut it off its hard to start...fuel is routinely puddled in the air box but it's unknown if that's from exessive cranking...issue has gotten progressively worse lately it's clearly overfueling...I've called all over and either get a firm no on working on it..or they just don't return my calls
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Evinrude problem no help in sight - 03/01/17 02:20 PM

Have you checked with Wayne? West side of San Antonio.

Posted By: boatman025

Re: Evinrude problem no help in sight - 03/01/17 02:30 PM

So no one has checked it out if want give me a call

Gary 214-796-0373

Re: Evinrude problem no help in sight - 03/02/17 02:24 AM

Thanks for the suggestions yall..I got a lead on a place closer to home today...I'm in brenham and this place is in spring so we'll see what happens I've fished this boat for 3 yrs 100 plus times per year with no problems som I'm due I guess...will let you guys know how it turns out
Posted By: Droyhef

Re: Evinrude problem no help in sight - 03/02/17 05:45 AM

Ficht had a bad name. Nobody wants to be asociated with one
Posted By: bestboatshine

Re: Evinrude problem no help in sight - 03/20/17 11:11 AM

I have a repair shop if you don't get it fixed call me 9367158748
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Evinrude problem no help in sight - 03/20/17 11:27 AM

Action Marine on Lake Travis has a guy who is a guru on Evinrudes. They are on 2222, close to 620.

It's really beneficial to give your location when asking for help.
Posted By: McCloud

Re: Evinrude problem no help in sight - 03/20/17 08:14 PM

PLEASE let me know if you are successful in repairs. I have a 2004 Evinrude Ficht in the shop right now with hard starting problems as usual!!! I am fairly certain that it is the fuel injectors which are no longer made and no one wants to work on/CLEAN those fuel injectors.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Mccloud
Posted By: bestboatshine

Re: Evinrude problem no help in sight - 03/21/17 11:51 AM

We can remove and clean the injectors for you if that doesn't work I have several places I can get new aftermarket products and used products with warrenties

Re: Evinrude problem no help in sight - 05/26/17 06:16 PM

After months of headaches we finally got her figured. Bad VST tank had to replace entire VST pump assembly pricey part but having a boat that starts and runs as it should is priceless. if you have evinrude problems the guys at strack marine were a big help and very knowledgable about these old rudes. Got her fixed up and I knew it wasn't that bigga deal when the mechanic tried to buy the motor from me!
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Evinrude problem no help in sight - 05/27/17 01:55 AM

You might consider doing that. Not trying to be rude, but, he IS a mechanic & can probably keep it going...it is almost impossible to find someone that can & will work on a FICHT & discontinued parts availability isnt going to get any better in the future. Just trying to help you out. I also had a 150FICHT that i got rid of the first chance i got. Glad i took that advice.
Posted By: Roper

Re: Evinrude problem no help in sight - 05/28/17 04:12 PM

I'm in a similar situation, my 200 runs and acts right but everything I hear and read makes me nervous. I haven't found an Evinrude dealer yet that'll even look at it. I emailed a couple of the shops mentioned above so we'll see. If anyone else knows of any, list 'em!
Posted By: Eddyc01

Re: Evinrude problem no help in sight - 05/30/17 01:17 PM

Have you tried something simple like replacing the spark plugs?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum