Texas Fishing Forum

No power this morning

Posted By: Texjef84

No power this morning - 01/08/17 09:31 PM

Pull up to the ramp, 28 degrees, raise the motor and remove transom saver and that's the last sign of life from the cranking battery. Tried the trolling motor and it worked fine, but there was nothing from the big battery. Went to an automotive shop near the lake and the cranking battery checked out fine. Came back to the house and after a few hours in the sun and about 38 degrees everything worked fine. Not sure what to think or what to troubleshoot.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: No power this morning - 01/09/17 01:16 AM

Clean the terminals.

Re: No power this morning - 01/09/17 01:53 PM

Thanks, I have that on my short list due to a little corrosion on the positive side. It just seems odd that the outside air temp seemed to directly effect the electrical system. I'm calling my mechanic first thing this morning and getting his input, I'll report back with anything we find
Posted By: smooth move

Re: No power this morning - 01/09/17 02:06 PM

mine has a main in line fuse off the battery. it's a small(1"x1")black fuse holder with a regular 2 prong auto fuse in it. if it blows, i have no power.
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: No power this morning - 01/09/17 02:53 PM

These breakers will do this.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: No power this morning - 01/10/17 05:04 PM

I found that out the hard way. My dealer always throws it during service.

Re: No power this morning - 01/11/17 01:59 PM

Cleaned both terminals and it works great. I don't think Bass Cat uses the breakers listed above, at least I couldn't find any off the main battery. If I find anything else that could be the culprit I will update.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum