Texas Fishing Forum

Skeeter Trailer for Triton TR20X

Posted By: 6BOOMER

Skeeter Trailer for Triton TR20X - 10/20/16 12:53 PM

I have a 06 Marine Master trailer for my Triton TR20x and like everyone it is rotting out at every grommet they installed. I can get a 14 FX 21 Skeeter trailer (ez-loader) at an exceptional price complete. My question is can I retrofit this Skeeter trailer to fit my Triton? Length is the same to the swing away knuckle. The Skeeter trailer is wider a few inches. Can I mod the bunk supports to except the Triton? Will it be worth it? Or just sell the Skeeter Trailer outright? Wheels should change out, hoping the fenders will also..Any guidance would be appreciated.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Skeeter Trailer for Triton TR20X - 10/20/16 01:09 PM

it will be a c channel trailer the bunks wont fit but a welder with a lift can move them an it will work fine you can get the bedliner in a spray can to touch up paint from o rielleys

Re: Skeeter Trailer for Triton TR20X - 10/20/16 01:10 PM

Thank you Sir I was thinking the same. It will be a much better trailer with the C channel.
Posted By: Jiff7210

Re: Skeeter Trailer for Triton TR20X - 10/20/16 05:18 PM

I just did something very similar with my TR21. I cut all the bunk mounts off of the replacement trailer and matched them to the original triton trailer. Did all of it in my back yard. Worked out great. I was able to swap the fenders and everything over. A digital protractor works awesome for finding the right angle on the bunk mounts

Re: Skeeter Trailer for Triton TR20X - 10/20/16 05:30 PM

Even better, was thinking of doing in garage, welding no problem just lifting boat off is. Seen a lot about it on the BBC but kind of reluctant to do it.

Re: Skeeter Trailer for Triton TR20X - 10/20/16 06:05 PM

I didn't lift mine off, just left it on the rusted out trailer until I had the replacement ready to go. Then I had a buddy follow me to the lake with one of the trailers and made the switch at the lake. I was extremely reluctant to do it also and even half way through it I was wondering what I got myself into. Now that its all done I couldn't be happier.

Re: Skeeter Trailer for Triton TR20X - 10/20/16 06:10 PM

That's even better, mine is not totally rusted out still usable but terminal, the holes are about two inches round now and getting worse. Getting a steal on a trailer won't need to do it asap though. Could weld supports but will only prolong the life a few years. This other trailer is what it needs.

Re: Skeeter Trailer for Triton TR20X - 10/20/16 07:31 PM

That's exactly where I was at. The factory trailer was still "useable" but I didn't want to be dragging it down the freeway when it decided to fail. If you have any questions on how I did mine let me know. I used adjustable brackets on the outside set of bunks and welded all the inside brackets. I swapped all the wheels, tires, brakes, hubs, fenders, jack etc from the factory trailer and no one can tell its not a factory triton trailer. I would post some before and afters but im on the work computer. lol

Re: Skeeter Trailer for Triton TR20X - 10/20/16 07:37 PM

10-4 Will do, at work also..

Re: Skeeter Trailer for Triton TR20X - 12/09/16 06:11 PM

Not totally done, just need to move fenders now.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Skeeter Trailer for Triton TR20X - 12/10/16 12:43 AM

Looks good!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum