Texas Fishing Forum

Recarpeting boat want to use black carpeting. Good/bad idea?

Posted By: McKinneyMike

Recarpeting boat want to use black carpeting. Good/bad idea? - 10/14/16 10:25 AM

I need to recarpet my boat come spring and was thinking of using a black carpet as my boat is dark gray and dark blue with some maroon accents. If any of you have black carpet in your boats now or int he past what is/was your experience with it?
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Recarpeting boat want to use black carpeting. Good/bad idea? - 10/14/16 12:12 PM

Not good. Had it once, and that's once too many.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Recarpeting boat want to use black carpeting. Good/bad idea? - 10/14/16 12:15 PM

JMO, but wouldn't it show up dirt/etc. ...almost everything ?
Beautiful..if kept clean but, that would be a chore

God Bless
Lee
Posted By: BODA

Re: Recarpeting boat want to use black carpeting. Good/bad idea? - 10/14/16 12:22 PM

I think it would fade fast, and show every drip of slime. imagine a big hybrid puking little shad all over it,
carpet belongs in bedrooms, not boats....thats just me
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Recarpeting boat want to use black carpeting. Good/bad idea? - 10/14/16 12:41 PM

Black on anything outdoors is a no-n-. Carpet in a boat is a no-no. You spend more time worrying about slime hitting the deck than catching fish. Strip out the stuff and go with safe Floor or gator-hyde.
Posted By: McKinneyMike

Re: Recarpeting boat want to use black carpeting. Good/bad idea? - 10/14/16 01:41 PM

I thank you gentlemen for the input! I think gray is the color of choice!
Posted By: 2jmills

Re: Recarpeting boat want to use black carpeting. Good/bad idea? - 10/19/16 04:06 AM

Black anything in a boat gets VERY hot here in our Texas summers.
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Recarpeting boat want to use black carpeting. Good/bad idea? - 10/19/16 01:08 PM

My Seaark is a light cream and it still gets too hot to walk barefoot on in the summer. Gotta love the Central Texas sun.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Recarpeting boat want to use black carpeting. Good/bad idea? - 10/19/16 02:17 PM

Install a "Safe Floor"..........carpet is for Homes IMHO...
Posted By: fishin1228

Re: Recarpeting boat want to use black carpeting. Good/bad idea? - 10/19/16 08:01 PM

cheers Thanks Guys for the great words . Mike give us a holler . were down to 1 boat that we just started on thumb last time you'll ever think about carpet again , or anything on your floor in your boat
Posted By: Catch&Release-Me-Again

Re: Recarpeting boat want to use black carpeting. Good/bad idea? - 10/22/16 01:39 PM

If you like hot dirty looking carpet, get it. Get the black seats too.
Posted By: Bulletman99

Re: Recarpeting boat want to use black carpeting. Good/bad idea? - 11/03/16 06:21 PM

If you like the smell of cooked feet---go right ahead!! LOL
Posted By: PaPa@fork

Re: Recarpeting boat want to use black carpeting. Good/bad idea? - 11/06/16 12:26 PM

No way, heat stroke on the way flame
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum