Texas Fishing Forum

WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY BOAT FROM BPS

Posted By: wagonwheel

WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY BOAT FROM BPS - 09/24/16 09:27 PM

Is there a best time of the year to buy a boat from Bass Pro shops? Do they ever really go on sale? Thanks for any input.
Posted By: boocat

Re: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY BOAT FROM BPS - 09/25/16 01:14 AM

wondering the same. will be watching for any input. Did a ton research in the last month or so, doesn't look very promising as far as deals. Current deal is 20% discount card on merchandise. I have seen some really old threads about getting a free cover or something. The boat I was looking at now has a 500$ discount on a 2016 but none are to be found. I think it is what it is. Maybe this winter???
Anybody bought from them in the dead of winter??
Posted By: Cast

Re: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY BOAT FROM BPS - 09/25/16 01:20 AM

Do they sell at the livestock show? That's when you buy a tractor.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY BOAT FROM BPS - 09/25/16 02:12 AM

Never...buy from a dealer, not a retail store.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY BOAT FROM BPS - 09/25/16 02:54 AM

I think I've seen some old stock marked down a bit when they get the new models in. Ask the salesman. He might tell you
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY BOAT FROM BPS - 09/25/16 01:23 PM

There's not a good time to buy a boat from BPS. Go to a dealer.
Posted By: boocat

Re: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY BOAT FROM BPS - 09/25/16 02:02 PM

If you're wanting to stay with a Tracker family brand they do have "dealers" separate from BPS but it seems they are under the same selling rules as BPS. I also wondered about them being at boat shows but so far nada. I checked the list of brands and dealers at a few upcoming shows and they are M.I.A. Also checked into other brands of the type boat I want but just can't get the price down since the other brands are "better quality" I have read some positive comments about service at my closest tracker dealer not a bps.
Posted By: DJB

Re: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY BOAT FROM BPS - 09/25/16 09:35 PM

Bought a 2015 last November at a good discount but it was one before the design change
Posted By: 203 CHAMP

Re: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY BOAT FROM BPS - 09/26/16 09:04 PM

Never!
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY BOAT FROM BPS - 09/27/16 02:45 PM

Never. Go with a dealer. Trust us on this one..you'll be glad you did.
Posted By: I-N-JOY FISHING

Re: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY BOAT FROM BPS - 09/27/16 08:55 PM

I just bought a Nitro from them last month. It was $3000 off and there is a no haggle on their pricing. I got the last boat in the North Texas Area that was exactly what I wanted as far as color, size and motor. I got the 20% VIP card. BUT, I saw late last Spring they had $3000 off and I think a $1000 gift card along with the VIP card. So if you are ok with a 2017, I would suggest waiting until next Spring to see if they have that deal again and there will still be plenty of colors/options you might want.
Posted By: wagonwheel

Re: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY BOAT FROM BPS - 09/29/16 09:17 AM

Thank you for the input. About the only thing I have decided on, is that I will probably buy a new boat (or second hand) sometime this spring. I don't move too fast on this sort of thing. Thanks again.
Posted By: BODA

Re: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY BOAT FROM BPS - 09/29/16 02:23 PM

Go to a dealer, get a boat....then go to bass pro for tackle, and saltwater taffy
Posted By: Josh@SCP

Re: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY BOAT FROM BPS - 10/07/16 05:18 PM

Go to a dealer, I would call around and see who has demos to go test drive. Check out every brand name you can before you decide on any one boat.
Posted By: TerryWilliams

Re: WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BUY BOAT FROM BPS - 10/09/16 02:38 AM

That no haggle pricing is pretty much spot on...minus a few hundred bucks here or there or a free cover or something. I know what prostaff gets and it ain't much.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum