Texas Fishing Forum

Battery for big motor

Posted By: JWC Nauticstar

Battery for big motor - 09/20/16 01:23 PM

Have a Yamaha 200 4stroke and I think the battery is going south. Is the Academy battery a good battery? I have a few things on that battery also depth finder pumps ect... The price is good, so I being "cheap" was hoping for good results.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Battery for big motor - 09/20/16 01:44 PM

Check for the battery minimum requirements on the Yamaha...should be in the owners manual, and adjust for all your electronics and boating use (lights, livewells, etc.). Then purchase accordingly.

I like WalMart batteries for one simple reason, they are everywhere if I need to exchange on the road.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Battery for big motor - 09/20/16 08:12 PM

I had a battery go bad after driving to Fork. Was able to go to Walmart and swap it out. Funny thing is, it had a 1 or 2 year warranty and I had used about 8 months. They didn't just swap it out, they had to ring it up again as selling a new battery so my warranty for it started all over. Couldn't beat that deal.
Posted By: JWC Nauticstar

Re: Battery for big motor - 09/21/16 12:53 AM

Thanks sounds good to me.
Posted By: boatman025

Re: Battery for big motor - 09/23/16 01:12 PM

You need 1000CCA on battery's for starting
Posted By: Lowly Net Boy

Re: Battery for big motor - 09/26/16 12:15 AM

Deka 24m7 best there is
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Battery for big motor - 09/28/16 12:59 PM

I have the Ultima blue top D31M on my boat with a 150 merc and run full suite Lowrance electronics with sonic hub and everything else except trolling motor off of it. These things ain't cheap but they last.
Whatever you get a Perko master power switch is a good idea to isolate the battery completely when not in use.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum