Texas Fishing Forum

Ranger Z20 livewell troubleshooting

Posted By: toofy

Ranger Z20 livewell troubleshooting - 08/09/16 01:17 AM

Anyone have ideas on how to start troubleshooting my livewell? It has old water sitting in it that won't drain out. It has the big knob that says "Recirc Empty Auto" and I've driven around with all 3. Even out of the water on the trailer the water still sits there. There is no plug in the livewell. This is a 2007 Ranger Z20.
Posted By: justfishingtoday

Re: Ranger Z20 livewell troubleshooting - 08/09/16 11:16 AM

Go to Bass boat central and go down to the Ranger boat section. Someone will be able to answer your question
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Ranger Z20 livewell troubleshooting - 08/09/16 11:46 AM

Did you pull out the red livewell fill valves and turn on the livewell pumps?

Re: Ranger Z20 livewell troubleshooting - 08/11/16 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: gary purdy

I pushed every button and knob related to the livewell. I don't know enough about them to start taking it apart or where any valves are. But I'll keep researching this.
Posted By: Paul Marshall

Re: Ranger Z20 livewell troubleshooting - 08/11/16 03:40 PM

the live well fill/empty/recir. are operated mechanically by your switch via a cable to a valve. the valve is usually located outside of the livewell between live well and the transom , it could be a broke cable or broken plastic arm on the valve, but most of the time it is just a clog in the drain hose. what you can do is put your switch on drain find the outlet for each live well (usually under the motor on the transom) put a water hose to it and try to back flush the line. if that doesn't work your prob. gonna have to check the valves to see if they are working. google flowrite live well valve this will give you an Idea of what they look like.

Re: Ranger Z20 livewell troubleshooting - 08/11/16 06:34 PM

Awesome info! That makes sense and thanks for taking the time to write all that!
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Ranger Z20 livewell troubleshooting - 08/13/16 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: toofy
Originally Posted By: gary purdy

I pushed every button and knob related to the livewell. I don't know enough about them to start taking it apart or where any valves are. But I'll keep researching this.
These are PVC diverter valves in the livewells.
Posted By: bellamy72

Re: Ranger Z20 livewell troubleshooting - 08/13/16 04:59 PM

My Z-20 has the switch under the false bottom under the battery box, you will have to remove the battery and screwed in cover to get to it. There you should be able to see the switch and check for problems. Have someone move your switch to see if it is working.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum