Texas Fishing Forum

Tilt and trim on HPDI

Posted By: Chris B

Tilt and trim on HPDI - 07/11/16 06:43 PM

I have a 2004 225 HPDI. I've noticed some fluid leaking from the seals around the trim rods. Last weekend my trim got stuck all the way up and wouldn't go back down until I released pressure on the screw on the side of the engine. I'm guessing it is low on fluid or has air in the system. I would like to replace the seals and fluid and was wondering what all parts I should order to do this. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Tilt and trim on HPDI - 07/11/16 10:26 PM

The sprag wrench is the main thing and a lot of Yamahas have the ends of the trim rods mushroomed requiring removing that before hand with a die-grinder. Parts are available here: http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha...%201/parts.html

Re: Tilt and trim on HPDI - 07/11/16 11:13 PM

So I just need two of #17 & 18 and a spanner wrench? How much fluid does it hold? Thanks for your help.
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Tilt and trim on HPDI - 07/12/16 01:20 PM

Guessing a pint. Fill while on the trim up and stop oil when motor reach`s all up. Cycle the trim with the cap installed 4 or 5 times and re-check oil level. Fill to bottom of the fill hole with motor all up.

Re: Tilt and trim on HPDI - 07/15/16 12:14 AM

This job is next to impossible without the proper wrench. Tried making one after reading on BBC but still can't break them loose.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Tilt and trim on HPDI - 07/15/16 02:49 AM

Chris read your post, might be asking for info,just got Bass Cat w/200merc.The tilt works ok but cant raise motor[jackplate] guess needs fluid, not sure what to use.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Tilt and trim on HPDI - 07/15/16 03:40 AM

Try Soaking it in pb blaster over night.or bump the wrench with a hammer

Re: Tilt and trim on HPDI - 07/22/16 02:19 PM

Bought a custom made wrench to remove the caps for $75. It works great. If anyone needs one in the future I have one for rent or sale.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum