Texas Fishing Forum

Boat Dealer

Posted By: Skippy

Boat Dealer - 06/23/16 07:49 PM

Does anyone have any boat dealer recommendations? I'm looking for a deep V type aluminum fishing boat (Tracker, Xpress, Alumacraft, Lund, etc.). I'm looking for new or used.

Thanks for your help.

Matt
Posted By: markson

Re: Boat Dealer - 06/23/16 08:16 PM

Try LMC Marine in Houston, stay away from Bass Pro Shops, better to go with Tracker Boating Center. Also do not be afraid to go out of your local area, you can save big $$$.
Posted By: Skippy

Re: Boat Dealer - 06/23/16 08:18 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I probably should have mentioned that I'm in Dallas. That said, once I get "educated" and decide on a make and model, I'll be more than willing to make a drive to save a buck.
Posted By: markson

Re: Boat Dealer - 06/24/16 11:30 AM

You can find out a lot about a Dealer by just asking them to send you a Buyer's Order and a Build Sheet for a specific Boat you found on the their website. How they respond will give you a great initial read on their business practices and willingness to negotiate.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Boat Dealer - 06/24/16 01:10 PM

Another thing to consider is your accessories. You may want to look at a few boats that a particular dealer rigged up and see if they did a good job. Check things like if they used stainless hardware, neatness of wiring, are electrical connections water proof, did they use back up plates under the deck/rail and so on. Graphs are the first thing that comes to mind that are incorrectly installed. There are dealers out there that sell quality products both in their boats and accessories, that are clueless how to put the two together. That is also a good indication that service after the sale will be less than desirable.
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: Boat Dealer - 06/24/16 03:54 PM

Rockwall Marine sells alumicraft
http://www.rockwallmarine.com
Rockwall Texas. They have one of the best mechanics around as well
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum