Texas Fishing Forum

Mercury optimax buzzer

Posted By: tyingknots

Mercury optimax buzzer - 05/24/16 12:05 AM

To start off, I have a 2005 merc optimax 225. Recently I had a miss while it was idling. So I replaced the fuel filter and the 2 inline fuel filters. Since doing that when you try to jump on plane or stick your foot in it it starts the warning buzzer. It's not affecting acceleration it doesn't seem but is awfully annoying.
What gives??
By the way, when I took out the red cap fuel filter and looked down into the reservoir, it looked like crushed butterscotch at the bottom. I took a shop vac and sucked it clean and filled with sea foam but still have a slight miss while idling.
I have always used marine stabil but recently ran out and used that biobor stuff I got from a bass champs event. Anyone else had these issues? I realize it's from the ethanol but thought those additives would alleviate these problems.
Anyway any advice on the buzzer would help. Thanks
Posted By: Rick Collis

Re: Mercury optimax buzzer - 05/24/16 10:36 AM

Any horn or buzzer going off on an Optimax is a potentially critical situation. Take it to a Mercury dealer and get it fixed.
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Mercury optimax buzzer - 05/24/16 12:37 PM

I hope you didn`t mess up the TPS. I had a guy change his VST filter and he removed the TPS instead of removing the linkage, resulting in an alarm. If you had the trash under the VST filter, you will have the same from their back to the tank.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum