Texas Fishing Forum

Yamaha hpdi series2 250

Posted By: TorySweatman

Yamaha hpdi series2 250 - 05/11/16 01:03 AM

I just bought a skeeter/Yamaha hpdi series2 250.
What all do I need to maintenance on this motor? And how often?
What do I need to watch out for?
Thanks
Posted By: smooth move

Re: Yamaha hpdi series2 250 - 05/11/16 02:08 AM

go on the Hull Truth forum and go thru the archives. you'll find volumes of info on hpdi's. use non ethanol fuel if possible, change the filters often and learn all you can about the mystery screen/filters and the vst pump/filter. good luck. great motors when they run right. some guys get 2000 plus hrs out of them without a hiccup. others fight fuel problems constantly. non ethanol is the key if you can get it.
Posted By: TorySweatman

Re: Yamaha hpdi series2 250 - 05/11/16 02:35 AM

Wow thanks man!!
Posted By: jeffsellsboats

Re: Yamaha hpdi series2 250 - 05/14/16 03:02 PM

We here at North Texas Marine are a full line, Factory authorized dealer, not only for Yamaha, but Mercury, Evinrude, and Suzuki. Congratulations on your boat purchase. I would first recommend full service, impeller, lower unit service, plugs, filters, and such. Your will be in the clear for a couple years knowing that all your service has been done and your up to date. We would glad to help you with any service you may need including routine maintenance. Please feel free to give us a call here in Gainesville at 940-665-9331.
Posted By: G Rod

Re: Yamaha hpdi series2 250 - 05/16/16 10:02 PM

Make sure you have a 10 micron fuel filter/water separator installed on the fuel line and changed every year. The HPDI has a bunch of fuel filters and "secret filter screens" that can plug and lean out the engine. Best to filter the fuel before it gets to the small filters. Maintenance is the key for the engine.
Posted By: Big Kel

Re: Yamaha hpdi series2 250 - 05/20/16 11:46 AM

Do as the others say and definitely change all the filters, 3 I think?, and have the screens cleaned. Also I would recommend running the Yamaha Ring Free additive, seems to really help the HPDI's.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Yamaha hpdi series2 250 - 05/20/16 03:45 PM

I did this,plus had a full turn up every year and had zero issues with mine, except it was a gas guzzler. Only ran 87 octane ethanol and fuel conditioner (Stabil)
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum