Texas Fishing Forum

Outboard question

Posted By: txninja

Outboard question - 03/30/16 02:31 PM

I have a 1995 force 70hp on a boat that I am looking at selling. I ran it all last year without a problem. I bring it home this week to fire it up and I get it running. I then shut it off and turn the key and hear a clicking noise. First thought was dead battery(although power trim is still working fine), so I jump it off my truck. No luck, still clicking. I then jump the starting solenoid with a screw driver and the starter jumps up and hits the flywheel briefly and then nothing after that. I was having a good spark when jumping the solenoid. Any suggestions??? Thanks
Posted By: centexChamp92

Re: Outboard question - 03/30/16 02:54 PM

check possibly a faulty kill switch, or possibly power packs/coil packs
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Outboard question - 03/30/16 03:59 PM

First sounds like you could have a bad battery connection. You could have blown the fuse the beside the solenoid while jumping. Does the motor turn by hand?
Posted By: txninja

Re: Outboard question - 03/30/16 05:24 PM

I can spin the flywheel by hand. I cleaned the connections and checked the fuse at the panel.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Outboard question - 03/30/16 06:32 PM

Did you check the fuse Right Beside the solenoid?...Gary have you got a schematic to show that fuse location?
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Outboard question - 03/31/16 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: txninja
I can spin the flywheel by hand. I cleaned the connections and checked the fuse at the panel.

Can someone provide a description or schematic of where the fuse is located...It doesn't seem like he understands about the fuse location...
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Outboard question - 04/01/16 05:27 PM

It has a re-settable circuit breaker: http://www.maxrules.com/graphics/force/wiring/wiring_Chrysler_4cyl_Motorola.jpg
Posted By: BAIT956

Re: Outboard question - 04/03/16 12:05 PM

Man, you guys are good. TFF is the best.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum