Texas Fishing Forum

?Bleach or Vinegar?

Posted By: DCmac

?Bleach or Vinegar? - 03/06/16 01:49 AM

Or something else?
Took boat out of storage, opened live well and the stench just about asphyxiated me. Scrubbed it out 3 times with auto soap since I was washing boat anyway but all it did was take a bit of the edge off the stench.
Posted By: lakeman

Re: ?Bleach or Vinegar? - 03/06/16 02:17 AM

Might try putting a box of bakeing soda in it, sure helps on old ice boxes and such,
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: ?Bleach or Vinegar? - 03/06/16 01:30 PM

Put boat in sun and open live well. Nothing like the sun to get rid of smells.
Had it work on ice chest that had shad left in it for a month.
Johnny
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: ?Bleach or Vinegar? - 03/07/16 04:13 AM

Originally Posted By: sandjohnny
Put boat in sun and open live well. Nothing like the sun to get rid of smells.
Had it work on ice chest that had shad left in it for a month.
Johnny

Holy moly!!! I'd have thrown that one in the dumpster! Lol.
Posted By: jhall239

Re: ?Bleach or Vinegar? - 03/08/16 01:59 PM

I'd bleach it then put it out in the sun
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: ?Bleach or Vinegar? - 03/08/16 06:14 PM

Left a sandbass in my front livewell once. I fished it out and dumped in a box of baking soda. Next time I uncovered boat I noticed that there was still an odor. Well it was not the front livewell. I started sniffing around and it was coming from the passenger seat. I lifted the seat and there was a 3-4' cottonmouth that was crushed between the seat and deck. I sure am glad that my wife sat on that seat.
Posted By: danwill12

Re: ?Bleach or Vinegar? - 03/10/16 01:49 AM

Stump jumper, Did you ever tell your wife about that snake? My wife would never have stepped back in that boat!!
Posted By: toofy

Re: ?Bleach or Vinegar? - 03/10/16 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Stump jumper
Left a sandbass in my front livewell once. I fished it out and dumped in a box of baking soda. Next time I uncovered boat I noticed that there was still an odor. Well it was not the front livewell. I started sniffing around and it was coming from the passenger seat. I lifted the seat and there was a 3-4' cottonmouth that was crushed between the seat and deck. I sure am glad that my wife sat on that seat.

Hilarious!
Posted By: Holdenoutdoors

Re: ?Bleach or Vinegar? - 03/11/16 01:29 AM

Set to recirculate livewells and fill with enough very warm water to run the pumps. Add a cup of simple green or other biodegradable cleaner and let circulate for five or more minutes. Stop, drain, and fill all the way with fresh warm water and let the pumps recirculate until well rinsed. Drain and voila- No more stinky. Good luck. Don't use bleach.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: ?Bleach or Vinegar? - 03/11/16 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: danwill12
Stump jumper, Did you ever tell your wife about that snake? My wife would never have stepped back in that boat!!
nope just I was just really glad that she sat in that seat that morning. She would not normally fish in in the morning. I often think about what I would have done if that snake had crawled out of there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum