Texas Fishing Forum

Trim switch replacement

Posted By: NatDog01

Trim switch replacement - 02/03/16 02:42 PM

I am in the process of replacing the trim switch on a Yamaha throttle control. I have taken the control arm apart and it appears I will need to splice in the replacement switch. Is this the case? If so, are there any precautions I should take to avoid shorting anything out between the throttle and motor prior to cutting and any recommendations on the type of connection I should when splicing the three wires together?

Also, if someone has the correct part number for the replacement switch I would appreciate it. 2007 90hp Yamaha 2-stroke for a bass boat, so the control housing is side mounted at the helm of the boat. I think I found the part online(6X3-82563-01-00), but want to be certain before I buy it because it isn't cheap.

Appreciate the help.

Nat
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Trim switch replacement - 02/03/16 03:11 PM

Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Posted By: NatDog01

Re: Trim switch replacement - 02/03/16 05:00 PM

Can I replace the trim switch without having to open the control box? It is a side mount control box for a bass boat. Looks like replacement part is a plug and play, but worried about pulling the wires out of control box to make the connection and then not being able to get them back in.

Any advise would be appreciated.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum