Texas Fishing Forum

Purchasing Used Skeeter

Posted By: dlwfish

Purchasing Used Skeeter - 02/01/16 02:51 AM

I'll be starting my search for an used Skeeter over the next few weeks and could use some friendly advice if anyone wants to share... This won't be my first boat but it'll be my first bass boat. My mind is set on a 2011 - 2014 FX or ZX 20/21. Any advice on what to look for from the Skeeter owners out there would be much appreciated!

Also, I can afford new but the few buddies I have that own bass boats say buy used. Any benefits on buying new that I might be missing besides the obvious?
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Purchasing Used Skeeter - 02/01/16 04:25 PM

If your dead set on a Skeeter contact http://boernemarine.com/ I have a fishing buddy that bought a new FX21 from them in 2013. They called him in November and told him they needed to change his 250 SHO powerhead, warranty no charge. His old motor was running fine.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Purchasing Used Skeeter - 02/01/16 04:37 PM

Check out the Fork guides running Skeeters. They get a new one every 6 months and theirs are very reasonably priced. I bought Pack's through Nautical Mile Marine. Saved about $20,000 and got full warranty.

Re: Purchasing Used Skeeter - 02/02/16 02:03 AM

Thanks gentleman!
Posted By: OldFrog

Re: Purchasing Used Skeeter - 02/02/16 09:17 AM

Just pay attention to the trailer. Make sure it isnt a painted box tube ez-loader. It will rust out from the inside. If so....knock $2200 off the price of the rig because you will be replacing the trailer sooner than you expected.

Other than that, I loved both of my Skeeters.
Posted By: JMac-D

Re: Purchasing Used Skeeter - 02/02/16 09:51 PM

I woudnt buy one, seems like every Used boat that has a SHO, has a "new"Powerhead... Hate to buy a used boat and that powerhead go out, and be out of warranty...

Re: Purchasing Used Skeeter - 02/04/16 12:18 AM

I've heard about the powerhead issue but I thought they covered it under warranty...
Also heard the newer ones don't have that issue but it's just what I've been told.
Posted By: river oaks

Re: Purchasing Used Skeeter - 02/20/16 12:00 AM

i bought a new 2009 skeeter will never buy another one.yamaha has a problem 2 & 4 strokes .plus the boats are not that well built . the compartments are plastic with aluminum frame thats not fiberglassed in. thay work but not worth the money. get extend warranty on motor.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum