Texas Fishing Forum

Took my 1997 efi cowling off... Now it won't go back on?

Posted By: Chris_K

Took my 1997 efi cowling off... Now it won't go back on? - 01/18/16 11:25 PM

I should have left if along I guess. Im putting it back on back side first then lowering the front down. I have the lat h open as to accept the down but it's like the front won't make it over the seal and get flush. Any suggestions besides duct tape? I've blew a rotator and have a headache now. 😌
Posted By: don the angler

Re: Took my 1997 efi cowling off... Now it won't go back on? - 01/19/16 01:55 PM

My Honda is difficult to get the cowling back in position. Just lower the entire cowling at the same time. It works for me.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Took my 1997 efi cowling off... Now it won't go back on? - 01/19/16 07:13 PM

Maybe try doing a Google search for installing Mercury cowling properly? Might be a video on Youtube?

Re: Took my 1997 efi cowling off... Now it won't go back on? - 01/19/16 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Ol Man River
Maybe try doing a Google search for installing Mercury cowling properly? Might be a video on Youtube?
one would think... But no such luck..
Posted By: kingdad101

Re: Took my 1997 efi cowling off... Now it won't go back on? - 01/19/16 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: don the angler
My Honda is difficult to get the cowling back in position. Just lower the entire cowling at the same time. It works for me.

me Evinrude is the same..lower it level as possible and do a little wiggle and the front will drop down..IF you try with the back down it won't go on, up front...

Re: Took my 1997 efi cowling off... Now it won't go back on? - 01/20/16 01:03 AM

To update, I did what any self respecting country boy would do. Got my hammer out and tapped outwards on the little rollers on the back side. Works like a champ now eek
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum