Texas Fishing Forum

Cleaning boat carpet

Posted By: Texjef84

Cleaning boat carpet - 12/22/15 03:18 PM

Carpet is in good shape I just want to give it a good cleaning, any suggestions? Any help with cleaning the carpet would be appreciated.
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: Cleaning boat carpet - 12/22/15 10:37 PM

The method I use is to park boat on a good incline so it drains well...vacuum the carpet ...then soak the carpet with a vinegar water mixture...one part vinegar to 4 parts water...I use a pump up sprayer to saturate the carpet with the mixture...I then use a soft brush to scrub any spots or dirty areas then use a garden hose to flood the carpet washing as much of the dirt/grime off into the drain...I then let it drain for about 30 minutes and use a wet vacuum to vacuum the carpet to remove as much of the moisture and dirt that I can...always had good results with this method..
Posted By: Capt Jerry

Re: Cleaning boat carpet - 12/23/15 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: ToadThrower
The method I use is to park boat on a good incline so it drains well...vacuum the carpet ...then soak the carpet with a vinegar water mixture...one part vinegar to 4 parts water...I use a pump up sprayer to saturate the carpet with the mixture...I then use a soft brush to scrub any spots or dirty areas then use a garden hose to flood the carpet washing as much of the dirt/grime off into the drain...I then let it drain for about 30 minutes and use a wet vacuum to vacuum the carpet to remove as much of the moisture and dirt that I can...always had good results with this method..

This... with an emphasis on using the shop vac to remove the water!
Posted By: Texjef84

Re: Cleaning boat carpet - 12/23/15 12:28 AM

My good shop vac is at the lake, I'll see if I can borrow my buddies but I like the technique, thanks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum