Texas Fishing Forum

Carey and Sons the saga continues....(help appreciated)

Posted By: Jedi-Ninja

Carey and Sons the saga continues....(help appreciated) - 12/03/15 10:09 PM

ok so I thought I was finally over the saga of purchasing a boat trailer at C&S but not just yet. The keel guard their guy put on when he "repaired" my keel was peeling off so I went to replace it -- I found about a dime sized chunk of fiberglass missing and this has to be repaired. I attempted to contact the owner to find info to get in contact with the repair man. He refused to give me that info even after I told him about the faulty work. I am not going to waste any more time dealing with this individual directly -- the only time I will mention his name or business is to inform others about my experience so they do not have to deal with the same. Does anyone know who that business uses for fiberglass repair? If not can you recommend a good repair facility? I have a new keel guard and the old one is peeled off but work will need to be done first
Posted By: jeffsellsboats

Re: Carey and Sons the saga continues....(help appreciated) - 12/03/15 10:12 PM

We have a great fiberglass repair facility here at our dealership and would be glad to help you out anyway we can. Feel free to contact us at 940-665-9331.
Posted By: kingdad101

Re: Carey and Sons the saga continues....(help appreciated) - 12/03/15 11:42 PM

it would narrow things down if you let everyone ( who has not followed this saga ) know where you are located...

Re: Carey and Sons the saga continues....(help appreciated) - 12/04/15 12:44 AM

Ha! That would probably help...I'm in Aledo. Here is one of the original videos as a refresher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtt8Y7ijWdM
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Carey and Sons the saga continues....(help appreciated) - 12/04/15 12:51 AM

Johnson fiberglass in burleson
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Carey and Sons the saga continues....(help appreciated) - 12/05/15 01:25 AM

Dime size? that's pretty small. Take some J. B. weld for plastic and fix it and be done.
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: Carey and Sons the saga continues....(help appreciated) - 12/05/15 02:47 AM

Marine tex would fix that in minute.
Johnny
Posted By: Catching Air

Re: Carey and Sons the saga continues....(help appreciated) - 12/08/15 01:42 PM

Very surprised we don't see more videos like this. These boat dealers sell these aluminum fit all trailers that don't fit the boat you own. The trailer problem is a easy fix. Gilleys fiberglass in Pasadena Texas does awesome repair work. Also build the gulf coast special. If you want to no how to fix the trailer so this want happen let me no.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Carey and Sons the saga continues....(help appreciated) - 12/08/15 10:41 PM

Romney is one of the sons. Does he know about this? I have bought 2 boats from him and he has been great each time.

Re: Carey and Sons the saga continues....(help appreciated) - 12/09/15 04:35 PM

Romney is the individual I worked with the entire process. I am glad your experience is better than mine. I would rather be attacked by a ebola ridden ape than deal with him again.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum