Texas Fishing Forum

ECU rebuild

Posted By: Dbranch3

ECU rebuild - 10/16/15 12:38 AM

Has anyone ever had a ecu rebuilt or boat a repaired ECU, I have a 2010 115 opti max with a bad ecu?
Posted By: Level 7000

Re: ECU rebuild - 10/16/15 05:25 AM

I bought a rebuilt ECU for a 1998 Merc 150. Motor ran fine till I replaced it with a new 150 pro xs. Only problen with rebuild, you can no longer have the motor history of rpm's or hours on the motor.
Posted By: TLW

Re: ECU rebuild - 10/16/15 11:14 AM

simon motor sports... but I've found its a [censored] shoot with any ecu fix with any of tha very few that say they can do it, 'specialy for tha price!.. had better luck with ebay.. at least there you can get your $$$ back if its DOA.... how do ya know for sure its bad?
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: ECU rebuild - 10/16/15 12:46 PM

I agree with TLW on this. I have sent ECU`s to 2 different highly recommended repair shops. One even installed the ECU I sent him on a boat he owned and it was not fixed. He kept the ECU and my money. I have purchased ECU`s on http://www.screamandfly.com/forumdisplay.php?25-Buy-and-Sell-Marketplace
Posted By: Dbranch3

Re: ECU rebuild - 10/16/15 01:17 PM

My mechanic told me it was the ECU, the motor is doing a lot of weird stuff, I just don't know anything about these newer motors, I just put in $4800 for rebuilt powerhead and hadn't even finished breaking it in, for 3 years never had any problem out of the motor and now I can't keep it running! I appreciate the answers guys!
Posted By: TLW

Re: ECU rebuild - 10/16/15 01:51 PM

tha only real ecu test, imo, is ta be able ta try one that is "known ta be good" but not always possible ta do for most folks.... there are so many things involved with tha opti that can cause problems...

if ya had ta rebuild, was tha orginal problem found and fixed BEFORE ya started runnin' tha thing again?

like Gary recommends,, S&F is as good a place as any ta look for one.. MOST on there are good guys but there are exceptions like anywhere else... just be sure ta save all communications between yourself and other party!
Posted By: steve@S2Marine

Re: ECU rebuild - 10/16/15 04:43 PM

every time i've sent a stock ECU in for repair. they say it's not repairable and
want me to buy a new one.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum