Texas Fishing Forum

09' Nitro Z9 Starboard Livewell Aeration Issue - blinking light

Posted By: Kyle Turner

09' Nitro Z9 Starboard Livewell Aeration Issue - blinking light - 10/15/15 04:42 PM

Recently, I have been having issues with the starboard livewell aeration. The light on the control panel (front & back) keeps flashing. I have reset the circuit by holding the button down for 5 seconds. This only randomly works as in sometimes it will reset and start working, while others it will just keep flashing continually.

I figured there was an issue with the pump cartridge and therefore I replaced both livewell aeration pump cartridges, since I had two batteries and the battery tray removed already. This did not solve the issue at hand and the light is still blinking and will not reset. As I mentioned before, the pump did work at random times when attempting to reset the circuit even after pump cartridge replacement but still not consistent nor did it fix the problem

I was wondering if anyone out there has experienced a similar problem or could shed some light on what to do next? In a perfect world, I would like to try and solve this problem at home before sending it in to a dealership, while they scratch their heads over this issue as well.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: 09' Nitro Z9 Starboard Livewell Aeration Issue - blinking light - 10/16/15 01:15 PM

The main problem with the touch pad systems has been voltage drop at the fuses or main breaker. Some touch pads are still under warranty. Good Luck
Posted By: Kyle Turner

Re: 09' Nitro Z9 Starboard Livewell Aeration Issue - blinking light - 10/16/15 05:56 PM

Thanks! I have been told that these touch pads will freak out for whatever reason.

I tried it last night before I went to sleep and I got the same flashing light and it wouldn't reset. But I tried it this morning and it work properly 1st try and I haven't touched anything but the power switch and the starboard livewell aeration button.

It acts weird enough to drive you mad!

My next thing to check/try I guess would be the PME behind the driver seat and see if everything is tight and okay there, then I suppose a new control panel?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum