Texas Fishing Forum

LED Deck lights

Posted By: OneFishAway

LED Deck lights - 09/28/15 02:16 AM

Who all has installed aftermarket LED deck lights on their boat and what kit did you use. I hate having to come off the water when it gets dark. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: moto382

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/28/15 02:19 AM

Bluewater LED

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/28/15 02:20 AM

I looked at their stuff but it seems kinda expensive...
Posted By: buton

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/28/15 02:28 AM

EBay...

You can buy 16 feet reel for 10 dollars. And a controller and cable for another 10 and you can do it your self.

Look for 5050 led weatherproof lights.

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/28/15 02:29 AM

Ok thanks for the info

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/28/15 02:30 AM

Is it better to use the flat strips of led or the screw in lights?
Posted By: BigRM

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/28/15 02:32 AM

I used these, and the cheap led strips off ebay.......http://www.oznium.com/led-bolt

Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/28/15 02:52 AM

I did the Blue Water strips. They're bright and easily installed.

Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/28/15 05:48 AM

No reason to buy any kits from someone. EBay for a fraction of the cost. I would want something less bright than the 5050's myself if they are going on the deck. Outside the boat 5050 does a good job of lighting up and attracting bait fish
Posted By: papamark

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/28/15 07:43 AM

Check with The Tackle Smith, his web site is in my Signature
Posted By: ddmm

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/28/15 03:14 PM

did the blue water kit for the compartments. wired them into the boats courtesy light. Only extra I did was use a glue gun
to help tack the strips downs, didn't know how well the backing on the lights would hold up. I really like the ones in the livewell, makes it much easier getting the fish out at night.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/28/15 03:56 PM

The backing doesn't seem to work well in a wet environment. I have a set that also uses a screw at either end. I like them because rubbing yes or something knocks them loose but the pop right back in. The other lights, I used silicone and they are holding great

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/28/15 08:41 PM

Papa I looked at his sight but I don't see a link for the boat lights...
Posted By: Kens3313

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/28/15 09:48 PM

Blue water led , I would suggest getting a summer switch because they are very bright
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/28/15 11:05 PM

There is a guy on here that does them for a fairly cheap price. TXBBQ I think is his screen name.

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/28/15 11:51 PM

Ok thanks!
Posted By: Daddyof2

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/29/15 06:59 AM

I used a kit from blue water led as well. Not all that hard to install and really lights up the boat!! Feel free to pm with any questions. Thanks!
Posted By: Possumkingdomtackle

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/29/15 02:59 PM

I used the 5050 LED strips from eBay it was a breeze to install and I'm really happy with the outcome and it only cost me $18
Posted By: Mulkey

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/29/15 04:19 PM

Here is my deck lit up. I do sell & install them. You can see my work in the trade thread.

Posted By: 00ranger00

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/29/15 11:57 PM

I did.. Here's a picture of mine

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/30/15 03:33 AM

Is that a light on your talon?
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/30/15 04:37 AM

5630 LEDs are brighter than the 5050
Posted By: dimitri

Re: LED Deck lights - 09/30/15 07:16 AM

Originally Posted By: BigRM
I used these, and the cheap led strips off ebay.......http://www.oznium.com/led-bolt

those individual lights look waay better than led strips. can u please post up close pics of your install? thx
Posted By: Team Brown Stripe

Re: LED Deck lights - 10/02/15 06:57 PM

I also went the cheaper eBay route. I was able to buy stick on strips as long as I wanted so it is all lit with no bright/dark areas. I have 3 sections with 3 switches so they can be on where I need them and not have them all on at once. I have a switch on the bow panel for the deck lights when I want to see. A switch on the console for the passenger area with white LEDs so when looking at lure colors I can see them correctly. and a switch behind the back seat for the rear deck lights so a passenger can control their lights as they need them.
I even swapped out my gauge bulbs with matching blue LED lights. I think I spent under $50 and did them 3 years ago and have had no issues with them.

Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: LED Deck lights - 10/02/15 07:27 PM

i did my skeeter bass boat with deck leds it looked cool but it dam near blinded me i had a dimmer switch i would have to turn it way down to the point the were not bright enough to do anything the out side rubbrail lights were some help when fishing for cats at night i could see my cork next to the boat but gain i would not do it to anymore of my boats in my option but anyone who does want them you can get them off amazon and do it your self really cheap. i just would not do it again just make sure you put a dimmer switch it is a must in my option oh and the bugs were horrific even thou they were blue lights. strips on the rub rails did not seem to attract them as bad but still were pretty bad I now have a center concel and tough about putting 2 white ones on a dimmer so i can see just well enough to tie hooks and stuff but i just dont fish enough at night
Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: LED Deck lights - 10/02/15 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: OneFishAway
Is it better to use the flat strips of led or the screw in lights?

I found that the 3m 2sided tape it looks like foam tape works wonderfully for mounting the strips just just trim it in half to make it narrower on role with do a 17ft boat if you cut it in half and it is supper sticky holds up to water and every thing you can through at it no screw holes
Posted By: BigRM

Re: LED Deck lights - 10/04/15 01:45 AM

I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them.
Posted By: shayne38

Re: LED Deck lights - 10/07/15 02:36 PM

I installed mine that I got from Mobius Marine Led's... Mulkey is his TFF user name great guy and a great product. [img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics...m1qnbllhbeloqoo[/img]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum