Texas Fishing Forum

2008 Evinrude ETEC 225 Tilt trim problems

Posted By: ToadThrower

2008 Evinrude ETEC 225 Tilt trim problems - 09/22/15 05:50 PM

Went to the lake this morning and when I went to get boat ready the up tilt trim switch on the motor, bow , or steering wheel would not work...thought it must be a bad relay...got home to try and locate the relays...and cant seem to find them...I pushed connections to make sure they were all connected...and tilt trim started working...put cover back on motor and tilt trim wouldnt work...removed cover moved the wires for trim switch to make sure they weren't contacting the cover or latches..checked trim switch and it worked...place cover back on motor and everything seems to work...Not wanting run into this again...can anyone give me guidance on how to maybe trouble shoot where there is a loose or bad connection...and where I would find the relay on this motor...I appreciate any assistance..or suggestions
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: 2008 Evinrude ETEC 225 Tilt trim problems - 09/23/15 01:04 AM

My suggestion is you found the connection problem don`t worry about it. Put your model # here: http://www.boats.net/parts/search/BRP/EVINRUDE/parts.html
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: 2008 Evinrude ETEC 225 Tilt trim problems - 09/23/15 01:57 AM

Thanks..according to that link it is a relay assembly ...not the old type plug in relays I am used to seeing...I think I know where that part is now..so that is helpful...I am just worried that as I drive to the lake a bump in the road will result in the same problem...thanks for your help and the link.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum