Texas Fishing Forum

Removing the plugs on a 26p 3 blade tempest

Posted By: SK1

Removing the plugs on a 26p 3 blade tempest - 09/10/15 05:57 PM

Hey guys, I've been running a 3 blade 26p tempest on my boat for a while now and I'm just curious how removing the rubber rings in the vent holes might affect my performance(holeshot and top end)?Thanks in advance.Any shared experience on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: kingdad101

Re: Removing the plugs on a 26p 3 blade tempest - 09/10/15 06:10 PM

try talking to the experts..

www.stevescustomprops.com
Posted By: Rick Collis

Re: Removing the plugs on a 26p 3 blade tempest - 09/10/15 06:10 PM

I remove 2 of the plugs on a tempest. The more you can remove without it blowing out, the better the hole shot.
Posted By: bccougar

Re: Removing the plugs on a 26p 3 blade tempest - 09/10/15 07:30 PM

Every boat is different depending on load and specs. only way to know what's best for you is to get all 3 size plugs and try different combinations.
I took them all out once and could not even break over. I personally like to run the biggest holes they have on a Bass cat Cougar FTD with 250 Pro XS with a fury. still gets out of the hole a little slow, but the top end leaves the other guys behind you. the tempest will perform a little differently because the temepest will flex where the Fury will not.
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: Removing the plugs on a 26p 3 blade tempest - 09/10/15 07:54 PM

Pull two plugs out
Posted By: steve@S2Marine

Re: Removing the plugs on a 26p 3 blade tempest - 09/10/15 08:15 PM

the pvs plugs do not effect top end at all.

the tempest is a great top end and load carrying prop, and in cases faster than a fury on top end.. depends on the boat.

the tempest does not flex more than a fury... they are just two completely different props.
different diameter.. different alloy.. different barrel... etc.

the bigger the hole in the pvs plug (or no plug) the higher the RPM FLASH on acceleration. too much FLASH and the prop blows out.
by flash i'm referring to basically "ventilation" .. has to do with how many rpms the engine rev's to when
ya nail it on the hole shot.
kinda like a torque converter in a car... make sense??
Posted By: SK1

Re: Removing the plugs on a 26p 3 blade tempest - 09/11/15 02:42 AM

Yes makes a lot of sense Steve. Thanks for helping me to better understand how the vent and rings affect performance.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum