Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Cat Bay Cat, Bullet 22SF, or Blue Wave 2200

Posted By: dmarkham

Bass Cat Bay Cat, Bullet 22SF, or Blue Wave 2200 - 08/21/15 02:32 PM

I've been shopping for a new boat recently and have pretty much narrowed down to 3, maybe 4 boats. I currently have a Bass Cat Pantera II. Does anyone have experience with the Bass Cat Bay Cat, Bullet 22SF, Blue Wave PB 2200 or the Sportaman Tournament 214?

I'll be bass fishing 75% of the time, taking the family out and chasing inshore species the rest of the time.
Posted By: Capt Jerry

Re: Bass Cat Bay Cat, Bullet 22SF, or Blue Wave 2200 - 08/21/15 03:12 PM

I ran a Ranger Intracoastal model for about 6 years..... functions great as a bass boat and had the best trailer I have ever seen. You may want to add Pathfinder and Hewes to your list. Triton also makes a few boats that might fit the bill.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Bass Cat Bay Cat, Bullet 22SF, or Blue Wave 2200 - 08/21/15 03:34 PM

You have picked some nice ones. Personally, I would be interested in some of the Simmons Custom Boats and some of the Majek line. I have had Bullet bass boats in the past and they have been some of the best I have ever owned.
Posted By: steve@S2Marine

Re: Bass Cat Bay Cat, Bullet 22SF, or Blue Wave 2200 - 08/21/15 05:02 PM

that bullet 22sf is a bad boy for sure.

put a 200 pro XS on it and you'll still be plenty fast and great mpg.
jmho
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Bass Cat Bay Cat, Bullet 22SF, or Blue Wave 2200 - 08/21/15 09:16 PM

All good boats, now the hard questions..
Everyone knows what a bass hull does and how it runs, but the wrong bay hull in the wrong bay is a painful sight to see.

The REAL question, when you dunk it in the saltwater, where are you going to be? Big huge difference between Galveston and Port Isabel. What works fine for one is completely useless at the other.
Posted By: dmarkham

Re: Bass Cat Bay Cat, Bullet 22SF, or Blue Wave 2200 - 08/21/15 10:19 PM

Honestly I would probably being keeping it in the trinity bay area, maybe tow to Sabine lake or Big lake. I don't plan on doing really anything "offshore". I have crossed off Majek and cat hulls mainly because I will be running main lake waters of Toledo Bend, Livingston and Houston. Also I hated that the Majek had almost no storage, and no rod boxes on the 22 Extreme. I do plan to also look at Legend's 211i. But I think I'll like the center console for other types of freshwater fishing and family watersports. I personally don't care for Ranger and will probably cross off the Bass Cat Bay Cat because of the deep draft and I can't see one in person.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Bass Cat Bay Cat, Bullet 22SF, or Blue Wave 2200 - 08/21/15 11:12 PM

All of those would work fine in that country, I would also suggest looking at some saltwater based companies, the Tran XLR8 and a Haynie bigfoot, I'd be leaning hard on the Tran if I was looking at the same criteria you are. They build a very stout hull. No advertising was spent on that opinion.
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Bass Cat Bay Cat, Bullet 22SF, or Blue Wave 2200 - 08/21/15 11:40 PM

Lots of Nautic Stars being run on Big Lake.
Posted By: fastguy�

Re: Bass Cat Bay Cat, Bullet 22SF, or Blue Wave 2200 - 08/22/15 08:55 PM

The Bay Cat is a good boat but it is no longer in production. They dropped the ball on several point with this boat, rod lockers are too short for a 7'6" rod, the lids have to be held open and there isn't enough storage.

If you fish bait it is good as it has 3 bait wells.
Posted By: East Bay Guide Jeff Brandon

Re: Bass Cat Bay Cat, Bullet 22SF, or Blue Wave 2200 - 08/26/15 02:06 AM

All the boats you mention are fine rigs. For fishing big water I would throw the LCB Cat in to the mix, as in my experience no V hull will beat the rough water ride till you get up in to the 24' range, and that is up for debate. I have never ridden in a Simmons but I see a few down here and they look sharp.

http://laniercustomboats.com/home
Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: Bass Cat Bay Cat, Bullet 22SF, or Blue Wave 2200 - 08/27/15 08:24 AM

SCB Stingray with 400R
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum