Texas Fishing Forum

Any luck With Glitter Gelcoat Repair in DFW Area

Posted By: Skeeter-Blue

Any luck With Glitter Gelcoat Repair in DFW Area - 08/07/15 11:53 AM

I have a almost mint condition 95 skeeter with a half dollar size booboo and a few scratches on the stern. Has anyone had good luck with cosmetic repairs in North Texas? Should I take it to Kilgore?
Posted By: Crown Block

Re: Any luck With Glitter Gelcoat Repair in DFW Area - 08/07/15 02:05 PM

I know this is not the DFW area but Charlie's Fiberglass in Tyler did an outstanding job on my 2014 FX 21 I got on a t- post when the lake was high and had a long scrape on the bottom from midship to stern. Ironically the dealership had done some warranty work and some how managed an ugly gash on the top cap, got into the pinstripe and glitter coat Charlie's repaired all that and when I took to Tyler wrap to replace the damaged wrap, Bobby was amazed at how the repair was perfect. The dealer showed the topcap damage to Tyler Wrap so they could replace it I didn't see the top damage because I was at work but Bobby told me it was significant I have nothing but high praise for Charlie's Fiberglass hope this helps
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Any luck With Glitter Gelcoat Repair in DFW Area - 08/07/15 03:26 PM

Johnsons fiberglass in burleson
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Any luck With Glitter Gelcoat Repair in DFW Area - 08/07/15 03:54 PM

Classic Fiberglass in Denton, best in the business. Skeeter in Kilgore will not repair as far as I know.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Any luck With Glitter Gelcoat Repair in DFW Area - 08/11/15 06:09 PM

Check with Chris at Classic. He does great work.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum