Texas Fishing Forum

Ordered my new boat

Posted By: Firemedic12

Ordered my new boat - 07/28/15 10:10 PM

Just ordered my first new boat ever. XPRESS x-19 With a 175 Sho. High performance package. tournament series package and sportsmen package. 10 inch jackplate hot foot 80lb fortrex, tandem trailer white with ripped open graphics. What does everyone think about the Xpresses. Too late for me. Deposit already paid.
Posted By: WCLBASS

Re: Ordered my new boat - 07/28/15 10:15 PM

Xpress is a great boat,I've ridden in a couple and they hold up very well,congrats!!
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Ordered my new boat - 07/28/15 10:24 PM

How long to get it? It took Sea Ark 10 weeks to build my 1872 CC, but it was worth every minute of the agonizing wait. There's something to be said for having a one-off built the way you want it as opposed to getting restless and taking something off the dealer's lot that may have extras that you don't really care about and will not use. Mine is exactly the way I wanted it and will probably be the last boat I have to buy.
You'll like the Xpress. They build very nice boats and they're popular with some of the North Texas fishing guides.

Re: Ordered my new boat - 07/28/15 10:49 PM

8 TO 10 WEEKS ..THe WAIT BEGINS. I have the boat spec. Out just the way I want it. From color to flush mount controls. It will last me a long time.

Re: Ordered my new boat - 07/28/15 10:59 PM

8 TO 10 WEEKS ..THe WAIT BEGINS. I have the boat spec. Out just the way I want it. From color to flush mount controls. It will last me a long time.
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Ordered my new boat - 07/28/15 11:09 PM

I did the same thing and still ended up changing some things after I got it. One was the leaning post. I ordered a rear deck mounted leaning post an it turned out that it interfered with the rear fishing chair, so I sold it and had a shorter one with flip forward storage made when I had the T-top done. Sold the original leaning post to my dealer who wanted it for a boat he was building. When I got it, I pulled all of the cheap wire they used and replaced it all with marine grade when I upgraded the breaker panel.
Posted By: bigtexnick

Re: Ordered my new boat - 07/29/15 12:03 PM

Any new boat is a good boat. Plus hearing good things about the SHO motors.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum