Texas Fishing Forum

New boat advice

Posted By: KUSAI

New boat advice - 07/03/15 12:28 AM

Wanna get into deep sea fishing and stuff. What kind of budget and boat should I be looking at ? I have heard people saying about fast boats for going out upto 60-70 miles.

I own a business so I dont have a fix budget and can be flixible.

Thanks
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: New boat advice - 07/03/15 12:41 AM

Here is the least expensive advice I can give you. Go book deep sea trip after trip on at least 4 different boats. Note the ride, fishability, easy it would be for you to run the boat or let someone else run it while you fish, look at all the gear. Make notes and take pictures. Then see what you liked and didn't like and why.

The money you spend will save you thousands in the long run.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: New boat advice - 07/03/15 12:42 AM

I'd start looking at 2cool fishing or another saltwater dedicated site. But a decent well maintained blue water rig will start at 30k and quickly go up.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: New boat advice - 07/03/15 01:05 AM

The Hull Truth has a better selection of offshore boats. 2cool has them but they have way more shallow water boats.

Scarab, Intrepid, Contender, Yellowfin and Invincible are all boats that would work.
Freeman is the top cat but there are more that would work.

I would really want 27 foot or better if I was going that far out. The bigger boats will let you go out in worse conditions but along with size comes moolah.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum