Texas Fishing Forum

I have problems! motor Minn Kota slow

Posted By: Pierre Bass Angler

I have problems! motor Minn Kota slow - 06/29/15 04:24 AM

Someone who can help me.
I have a minn Kota electric motor, I have a problems the motor this very slow, the batteries and propels are good. Any idea for fix my motor.

Sorry my bad English
Posted By: Doctoordan

Re: I have problems! motor Minn Kota slow - 06/29/15 11:48 AM

Sorry Pierre but got to have a LOT more info to help you out on this one.
Hand operated or foot control?
Have you tried changing the speed range?
If foot control you need to make sure the speed range adjustment knob is actually rotating the speed selector switch/rheostat.
Get someone else to read your battery voltage while you run the motor. Sometimes batteries read good with no load on them but drop radically when a load is supplied.
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: I have problems! motor Minn Kota slow - 06/29/15 02:19 PM

Make sure it is correctly wired for required voltage.
Posted By: AWS

Re: I have problems! motor Minn Kota slow - 06/29/15 02:30 PM

I would take it to Boris Electronics.....if you can't figure it out.
Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Re: I have problems! motor Minn Kota slow - 06/29/15 09:00 PM

sounds like it is more than a 12v motor and he has it wired for 12v just double the amps instead of the other way around
Posted By: Pierre Bass Angler

Re: I have problems! motor Minn Kota slow - 06/30/15 05:02 AM

I going to work with my motor. thanks for their advise and ideas
Posted By: Skeeter-Blue

Re: I have problems! motor Minn Kota slow - 08/07/15 01:15 PM

If it use to work and is now slow, take the prop off and check for fishing line. Minn Kota says we should really do this after each outing, right?

Check the voltage drop in you wiring system. (1 - Voltage at motor) ÷ voltage at battery = should be less than 0.05 or 5%.
Posted By: texcajun

Re: I have problems! motor Minn Kota slow - 08/08/15 03:40 PM

+1 on checking for line on the prop shaft. This is probably the number one reason for slow trolling motors.

Originally Posted By: Skeeter-Blue
If it use to work and is now slow, take the prop off and check for fishing line. Minn Kota says we should really do this after each outing, right?

Check the voltage drop in you wiring system. (1 - Voltage at motor) ÷ voltage at battery = should be less than 0.05 or 5%.
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: I have problems! motor Minn Kota slow - 08/09/15 01:58 AM

Plus, the line will cut through the seal and once water gets inside the motor, it's toast.
Posted By: Jones Trolling Motor

Re: I have problems! motor Minn Kota slow - 08/11/15 02:47 PM

Remove the prop and check for line, then remove one bolt and look for water intrusion. If it has water, then will have to disassemble clean/dry and reseal -- possibly will need new brushes. I stock the parts needed for these repairs if you decide to DIY
John
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum