Texas Fishing Forum

Skeeter Bow Panel

Posted By: TBS

Skeeter Bow Panel - 06/21/15 02:36 AM

Well the wife got me a new Lowrance Gen 3 HDS 7 & 9 for Father's Day. I have a 2005 Skeeter TZX 190. I want to mount the HDS 7 in the bow panel but the existing opening in the panel is too small. Anyone know where I can order a new / replacement bow panel that will take the 7" unit.
Posted By: JimmyP

Re: Skeeter Bow Panel - 06/21/15 03:19 AM

Your new graphs should include a pattern for cutting the opening for it. Would be a whole lot cheaper to cut yours than buy another then have it cut. If you can't cut it find a cabinet shop or someone that can cut it for you.
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Skeeter Bow Panel - 06/21/15 03:26 AM

There is a guy on here that makes custom replacement bow panels. He's Heliblade on BBC. I can't remember if he has the same user name here. Do a search in the for sale forum for Skeeter bow panels and it should pop up if you search for the last 12 months.

Or you can cut out the existing one.
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Skeeter Bow Panel - 06/21/15 04:40 AM

Found it. He lists his email at the end.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/10714986/Searchpage/1/Main/676550/Words/%22skeeter+bow+panel%22/Search/true/Re:_Custom_fiberglass_bow_pane#Post10714986
Posted By: TBS

Re: Skeeter Bow Panel - 06/21/15 03:07 PM

Well I did not think there was enough room on the panel for the 7" unit to fit. It looked like the trim switch and the trolling motor plug were in the way. I took a chance and over cut the hole. It does fit but barely. Now I have to get the bow unit installed.
Posted By: JimmyP

Re: Skeeter Bow Panel - 06/21/15 07:54 PM

Cool, good luck with it. Saved some money also.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum