Texas Fishing Forum

Ipilot problem

Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Ipilot problem - 06/04/15 07:25 PM

Sunday I was on the lake and I goofed up and smashed my foot pedal cord in a compartment. I smashed it so bad that the 4 wires became exposed and touched. I figured it was no big deal, I would cut the short out and put the wires back together. Meanwhile I was using my remote to control the motor. Halfway through my rewire job while I was on the lake, the ipilot quit and the remote started flashing "F" on the screen. Now when I plug the motor in and lift it up all it does is beep and give me the green light, the remote will send a signal to the motor and it will just beep and flash "F" on my remote screen. I get nothing from the foot pedal at all even though I brought it home and carefully reconnected the 4 small wires on the inside. I changed the fuse and it did nothing. Could the fact that the pedal wire got smashed so bad and shorted out have fried the motor? I'm hoping yall can give me some tips because I need this trolling motor.
Posted By: RetiredYaker

Re: Ipilot problem - 06/04/15 08:56 PM

disconnect the foot pedal and try the remote.

Re: Ipilot problem - 06/04/15 11:58 PM

It's doing this when Thefoot pedal is disconnected.

Re: Ipilot problem - 06/08/15 01:49 AM

Anybody have any suggestions?
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Ipilot problem - 06/08/15 08:15 AM

Disconnect and reconnect the trolling motor. New battery in remote. Relearn the remote. Call Minn Kota customer service. I dealt with them when I first received mine and it was missing the foot control. They were great to deal with. Didn't ask any questions, just mailed a new one to me the same day.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum