Texas Fishing Forum

Has anyone replaced Damper Mounts on HPDI?

Posted By: shotgunwilly

Has anyone replaced Damper Mounts on HPDI? - 04/28/15 09:00 PM

My motor seems to have some slop in the midsection whenever I pull up and down on the lower unit. It looks like the damper mounts (Underneath the "Vmax" plates on the side of the midsection) have some play in them. Maybe they're worn out???

After researching the internet I see people talking about them, and it turns out that you have to remove the powerhead to get these damn things out. Looking at the bolts confirms this...

Has anyone cut the bolts out, and installed new ones backwards? Seems a hell of a lot easier than the alternative.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Has anyone replaced Damper Mounts on HPDI? - 04/29/15 12:02 AM

the powerhead has to come off to get to them been down that road.

Re: Has anyone replaced Damper Mounts on HPDI? - 04/29/15 01:57 AM

I know it has to if you want to remove the bolts, but I'm wondering if I can just cut the bolt, buy a new bolt, and put it in backwards. Only difference I can tell would be that the acorn style nuts wouldn't be on the outside.
Posted By: Matt M

Re: Has anyone replaced Damper Mounts on HPDI? - 04/29/15 11:08 PM

They are designed like that incase the nut vibrates off while running the mount stays in @WOT. I guess you could be done by cutting the bolt but your taking that liability if something bad happens

Re: Has anyone replaced Damper Mounts on HPDI? - 04/30/15 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Matt M
They are designed like that incase the nut vibrates off while running the mount stays in @WOT. I guess you could be done by cutting the bolt but your taking that liability if something bad happens

Good point, thanks. I believe I could make it work.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum