Texas Fishing Forum

new trailer costs??

Posted By: plasma800

new trailer costs?? - 04/16/15 05:41 PM

It's looking like I'm going to need a new trailer. Current trailer cross members have finally rusted through in the center and the front one has started to crack.

I'm wondering what the average cost of a new trailer is if anyone knows. Boat is a 2003 procraft 20' bass boat.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/16/15 07:34 PM

EZ Loader Model TA102B 18-21, 4000 lb., tandem axle, adjustable bunks, brakes one axle sells for $4800.00 plus TTL.

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/16/15 07:42 PM

shocked

WOOOW that's more than a 3rd of what I paid for the whole rig. LOL sheesh, ouch, had no idea they were that much
Posted By: kingdad101

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/16/15 08:31 PM

he has new and used.......I would call Steve..he has trailer for all kinds of boats...might be too far but you never know..(I know the link says Skeeter but he has different ones)...

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10505096/skeeter_trailers#Post10505096
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/17/15 02:24 AM

My friend in Orange, Texas recently purchased a new aluminum tandem axle trailer for his 18' bass boat and it was $3400 delivered. I'll get the name of the business and get it to you if you are interested.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/17/15 02:39 AM

For the same amount as a rust bucket steel painted POS, you can get an aluminum from McClain or Coastline. Wouldn't even be a decision for me.

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/17/15 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: kingdad101
he has new and used.......I would call Steve..he has trailer for all kinds of boats...might be too far but you never know..(I know the link says Skeeter but he has different ones)...

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10505096/skeeter_trailers#Post10505096

I spoke with steve and he had a trailer that would fit it but id have to reweld new bunks into it.

I called mcclain and they quoted me about 3700, and I found a guy in Conroe that custom builds and he's quoted me the same 3700. I like his attitude and am considering letting him build me one. I think if I added a swing away tounge it's a little more, but that includes surge brakes, tie downs all that jazz.
Posted By: East Bay Guide Jeff Brandon

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/17/15 11:35 PM

Ty did mine and did a super job.

Custom Trailers | Tex All Aluminum LLc.
www.texallaluminumtrailers.com/custom-trailers/

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/18/15 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: catsalesman

That's where I'm headed Monday morning. After a couple of calls, I really like the guy and his attitude. So I'm in. At least now I KNOW everything about the trailer will be brand new and last for years to come. I just didn't "want" to invest that much into "this" boat. This is my learner boat, I think I just learned a good lesson smile boxing

That lesson being if you are buying a used boat with a steel painted trailer, be sure to crawl allll the way underneath it before you buy it.
Posted By: East Bay Guide Jeff Brandon

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/18/15 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: plasma800

That's where I'm headed Monday morning. After a couple of calls, I really like the guy and his attitude. So I'm in. At least now I KNOW everything about the trailer will be brand new and last for years to come. I just didn't "want" to invest that much into "this" boat. This is my learner boat, I think I just learned a good lesson smile boxing

That lesson being if you are buying a used boat with a steel painted trailer, be sure to crawl allll the way underneath it before you buy it.

He builds a great trailer, you won't be disappointed.

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/18/15 11:52 PM

That's what I'm gathering, so I'm almost a little excited about it.
Posted By: 83falcon

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/19/15 04:45 AM

If it doesnt work out, Give Diamond City Trailers a call out of Murgreesboro, AR Do a awesome job and also do trailers for Excel boats
Humminbird ONIX8ciwww.excelboats.net/Trailers.html

I have a 20' center console they built one for. Works awesome!
Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/19/15 12:53 PM

Tye is a heck of a guy, you won't be disappointed. Take a look at his new Stoner Fury he's selling, I love mine!

Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/19/15 12:56 PM

Don't know what color your boat is but I love Tye's anodized black aluminum trailers.

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/19/15 02:28 PM

my boat is a tad ugly and 12 years old, but this trailer will look awful nice under it.

haha I saw those Stoner boats, they look super wicked for sure.

Basically, this is my first boat. I bought myself a sort of cheapy used boat to learn the ropes in, make my mistakes with, figure out whether I like messing with one at all. I plan to run this one for a few years, then upgrade to something newer once I get all moved. The wife and I are working towards getting out of the big city and moving some place smaller -- We've honed in on Lufkin as our prime choice.
Posted By: Xrod

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/19/15 07:30 PM

$2700 from Gulfside Trailers
They are located in LaMarque

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/20/15 12:47 PM

nice looking trailer! surge brakes?
Posted By: 83falcon

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/20/15 11:56 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10167845/Re:_83Falcon's_restored1982__F#Post10167845

Pic of my trailer. Its a 1982 so never too old for new legs laugh
Posted By: Xrod

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/21/15 12:28 AM

nice looking trailer! surge brakes?

No sir, I opted to not get brakes (<$500), figuring that if I felt like I need them I could add them later. After four months, I can say that they do not seem needed. I can tell you that the torsion axles make for a great ride, so if you have that option, you may want to consider them.

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/21/15 01:28 PM

Makes sense. I went ahead for the brakes, swing away tongue, and tandem.

Re: new trailer costs?? - 04/21/15 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: 83falcon
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10167845/Re:_83Falcon's_restored1982__F#Post10167845

Pic of my trailer. Its a 1982 so never too old for new legs laugh

I guess it just goes to show that if you take of your boat, it can last you a very long time eh?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum